Emptying The Mini Fridge

Squirty27

Do you ask your steward to do that?

If so, can they take it all out of the room so that it won't be touched no matter where it is in the cabin. i.e. - they won't leave it on one of your shelves or put it in a drawer, will they?

I would like it completely out of the room, if that is a choice.

Thank you.

Do you ask your steward to do that?

If so, can they take it all out of the room so that it won't be touched no matter where it is in the cabin. i.e. - they won't leave it on one of your shelves or put it in a drawer, will they?

I would like it completely out of the room, if that is a choice.

Thank you.

Yes, they will remove it from your room. If I don't see my cabin steward right away, I leave them a kind note asking to empty the contents.

On our last cruise, we asked the butler to have the mini bar cleared out. They stuffed the whole mess in a box and hid it in the cabinet underneath the coffee machine! We never used the cabinet, and I didn't notice until the last morning when doing a final sweep of the suite.

Not sure what I think about them having done that...

When we were on the Breakway, the room steward stuck it in the ottoman cube in a grocery bag. Next time, I'll probably just do it myself.

I wouldn't do that. If the steward doesn't realize you stashed them, he'll probably write up a charge ticket and replace them - at your expense! It's one thing if he stashes them; he knows where they are. If you stash them, as for as the steward knows, you drank them...

Edited by triptolemus

When we were on the Breakway, the room steward stuck it in the ottoman cube in a grocery bag. Next time, I'll probably just do it myself.

I would not empty it myself. They may think that you have consumed it all and will end up charging it to your onboard account. On our last cruise I requested it be emptied of the soda/beer and our room steward put it up on the high shelf above the fridge. Last night he put it back in the fridge and locked the fridge. I was charged once I got home for a couple of sodas that I did not consume and that must not have been refilled by the room steward by the previous occupants and I called NCL from home and they removed the charges from my account.

Hmm... don't think I would like it in the ottoman. I would imagine it would be quite heavy to move when wanting to use it to rest your feet. Hubby likes a foot rest.

Sounds like they want to keep it somewhere in your room, though and not remove it completely, so it is easier to put back in for the following cruisers.

On our last cruise, we asked the butler to have the mini bar cleared out. They stuffed the whole mess in a box and hid it in the cabinet underneath the coffee machine! We never used the cabinet, and I didn't notice until the last morning when doing a final sweep of the suite.

Not sure what I think about them having done that...

On our last cruise on the Gem last November , we asked to get the mini bar emptied and found the content in a pillow case under the bed .

On our last cruise on the Gem last November , we asked to get the mini bar emptied and found the content in a pillow case under the bed .

Same with us on the Gem last month; wonder how those Heinekens and Amstels' tasted after being cooled and warmed, probably multiple times.

Just don't use the stuff...so simple! If, for some reason, you get charged for something...call them and CALMLY tell them it's a mistake!

This happens on ships and in hotels. They will ALWAYS remove the charge....always!

You can also have them lock it if you are not going to use it.
We like to have the fridge available for our own drinks and food. If we happen to see the steward, we ask. If not, we just empty it ourselves and put everything on a nearby shelf. I have not yet had a steward think "Wow, they ate and drank everything within hours of boarding!" and proceed to charge us and restock the mini-bar. :p

For the OP, if you want the contents completely out of the room, just make that clear to your steward and I'm sure they will take care of that for you.

Hmm... don't think I would like it in the ottoman. I would imagine it would be quite heavy to move when wanting to use it to rest your feet. Hubby likes a foot rest.

Sounds like they want to keep it somewhere in your room, though and not remove it completely, so it is easier to put back in for the following cruisers.

My steward did the same thing -- and yes, it made it difficult to move the ottoman.

They have a really short turn-around time on disembarkation day and are very stressed then. I suspect that's why they don't want to remove the stuff entirely.

My DW & I will be on the Sun in a couple of weeks, since we have UDP & UBP not sure if we will really need the frig emptied. However, just out of curiosity is it completely full or could we slip a left over dessert, etc. into it? :confused:

I removed all the items and placed them on a top shelf, with a note inside saying "Do not restock".

With all the charge backs on credit cards and the labor involved in resolving it, I wonder if they make a large profit on mini-bar usage.

On our first cruise with NCL we called to the front desk and asked for the mini fridge content to be removed. We had two older teenagers with us, and I was worried they might get into the alcohol. Plus, I had soda and juice I wanted to put in. The steward removed everything from our cabin.

On our last cruise we left a note on our bed to remove the things, and the steward left them on a shelf. I like everything just taken out of our cabin since I always need most every bit of space for our things.

We always go through the contents of the fridge and match it up to what is on the list that is left in your room. Just to make sure things add up and we won't be accidentally charged for anything due to the fact the contents and the list don't match up to start with.

My DW & I will be on the Sun in a couple of weeks, since we have UDP & UBP not sure if we will really need the frig emptied. However, just out of curiosity is it completely full or could we slip a left over dessert, etc. into it? :confused:

Errh, contents of the mini-bar are NOT, AFAIK, included with your UBP and has nothing to do with UDP, here's what was in the mini frig. before things got emptied out. There is some room for things like a small pc. of cake, fruit, etc. Notice our 2 water bottles and also, DW keep her meds. in there as it's best stored below room temperature.

RS are used to these request, just let them handle it with whatever methods and you won't get "accidentally" charged for that can of Red Bull or wine, etc.

SDC8086.JPG

I have. a question. We are traveling with family and we have 2 rooms on Independence of the Seas. I always had rooms lower in the ship. This time we have 2 inside rooms 9217 & 9219. Has anyone sailed these rooms and can they tell me if the are noisey? Or if you can feel the boat rocking? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best place to get an answer is on the RCCL boards.

I have never done that but I think I will this cruise

I sometimes like to keep the treats the butler leaves for later and there sully isn't room in the fridge if it is full

I never use anything from the fridge except cream for my coffee

We never ask for the mini-fridge to be emptied and always have space to squeeze a few things into it. You may have to stack the mini-bar sodas or beers on top of one another, but you can make it work. We don't bring soda with us on cruises, but we put our water bottles in there when we're not using them, the odd extra beer here and there if we don't finish a bucket the day we order it, fruit, leftover dessert, etc. We've always had room for what we wanted to put in there.

We did not have ours emptied and were able to put a bottle of wine on its side in there. Another time we fit two cartons of milk in there. So I'd think you could fit a leftover dessert or small plate of food. If not, set a couple of the sodas out in plain sight temporarily.