gem 6 hot tubs?

fennessydan

I've tried the search function but did not see anyone ask about this. The ncl site under hot tubs claims they have 6 on the ship but I can only locate 4 (2 adjacent to each of the 2 tahitian pools). Am I missing something or are they maybe counting the ones that are for people in suites?

USPH regulations require the hot tubs to be drained, cleaned, and super-chlorinated daily, so NCL tends to do this around midnight, so they will close them sometime before that. The ones in the suites are required to be serviced weekly or between guests.

USPH regulations require the hot tubs to be drained, cleaned, and super-chlorinated daily, so NCL tends to do this around midnight, so they will close them sometime before that. The ones in the suites are required to be serviced weekly or between guests.

Thanks for that, makes me feel better about using them.:)

More than that...actually there are 10.

Four on the pool deck...

Two more in the Spa...

Two in the GV suites...

One in the Haven...

One for crew on the bow.

Plus two more... one in each of the DOS on deck 15.

Total of 12...

• 4 months later...
More than that...actually there are 10.

Four on the pool deck...

Two more in the Spa...

Two in the GV suites...

One in the Haven...

One for crew on the bow.

I am sorry I do not mean to sound stuck up...but you are telling me that us "normal" people in regular cabins have to fight to use the 4 with teenagers etc but the "crew" who are working get their own hot tub?

I am sorry I do not mean to sound stuck up...but you are telling me that us "normal" people in regular cabins have to fight to use the 4 with teenagers etc but the "crew" who are working get their own hot tub?

Well, lets see, 1154 crew, and 2384 passengers, so about 2 passengers per crew. Passengers get 4 public hot tubs, crew 1, so 4 to 1. 2 swimming pools for passengers, none for crew. 11 passenger bars, 1 crew bar. 7 complimentary and 6 upcharge dining rooms for passengers, and 1 crew dining room. No shows for crew. Seems like maybe 1 hot tub is not all that unreasonable? Remember that these people live for months at a time on these ships while working to serve you for your one week vacation. I don't feel that one hot tub for "the help", as you obviously feel they are, is depriving you of something.

Edited by chengkp75

The crew that are working are working, if they are using the hot tub they are on one of their few breaks.

The crew does not have a Hot tub but they do have their own very small Pool at the very front of the ship........You are on vacation and get spoiled for a week and the crew works very hard to make that happen. They have to this this day in and day out and sometimes serving some very demanding cruisers, do you really think that they do not deserve a little time to themselves ( they get very little time off sometimes only a few hours) and there are 1000 of them would you really deny them their own Hot tub if they had one?

They get a few hour to refresh themselves......I'm sorry I don't mean to sound rude, but yes by you even asking that question you seem very stuck up.......if you want your own private Hot Tub then do yourself a huge favor and book a Deluxe Owner Suite, then you dont have to worry about it.

Marion

Yea, you sound stuck up. If a hot tub is so important you should just buy your own, I love mine Strong Spa hot tub:D