NEW PROMO: BOGO50 Starts 03.11.15

NELBLU: that would be correct. The promo starts March 11, as I mentioned in the original post :)

You're right, sorry. Tried the cabins that I have already booked and it looks like they are all sold out for the Oasis March 26, '16 cruise. Will try tomorrow, hopefully they will have mid-16 to '17 cruises schedules.

Glad I saw this before the sale. I'm looking at the Freedom next year out of Orlando. Current price is about $1900 Canadian for 2 people, promenade cabin and $2600 CAD for 2 people Ocenview. Lets see where it is tomorrow with the SALE on.

Just a thought: Why not put on 24 hour hold NOW, then see what it looks like tomorrow. :) You can always cancel the hold and book at tomorrow's price if it's better. Right?

Denise

For those who want balconies (including CP and BW), would be better off taking today's promotion that includes the $200 OBC instead of having to purchase 2 packages that will cost you $681, unless you were for sure going to get them anyway. This is based on the $454 for the Premium AFTER the 18% gratuities. Of course this is only if they don't lower the prices overnight.

If you're comfortable with todays price, I would definitely get the cabins you want on hold and reevaluate tomorrow.

I book based on the price per person per day and if I'm fine with it, I'll book it. Regardless of what 'sale' is going on. I've gotten some good deals with these so called sales... It all depends on what sailing and what you think is a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a link for travel agents to use with Royal Caribbean. You can book this with any travel agent.

This is not a sale. It is a promotion. A sale generally means lower prices. I don't think you are going to see any low prices with this. Including perks/benefits that cost the cruise line little is a great way for them to raise base rates.

Sale / promotion... It all means theres supposed to be savings and incentives, call it what you like.

You might be sorry you waited a day. History has proven to have higher prices with the SO Called BOGO half off 2nd person.

I have a booking on hold for just this reason. But can I say, for a D1 Balcony for two on RCL, is $2300. W 50% 2nd person and $200 OBC. On Carnival I got a rate of $1700 for a Grand suite balcony Fclass. Same dates and destination area, both out of Tampa. No OBC with the Carnival but at a savings of $600 and updrade to a suite, who cares!

If I recall correctly, in about 50 days when this offer expires is just about when the low prices begin in May 2014 (after 2015/2016 sail dates were announced). They only lasted a few days, but they were pretty decent fares. Maybe the same timing will occur again. If not, I'm moving on. I won't book RCL on these prices.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

DKNYC/Canadian Tyler: a lot of times the promos have a not eligible for cancel and rebook clause in them

A 24 hour hold is not considered a booking. It expires if you don't pay for it within 24 hours or you can cancel it manually. It is not like having a booking which you have applied a deposit on.

It says cannot be used on Ovation of the Seas...did I miss something? Is that the name of the third Quantum class or 4th Oasis class? :confused:

Ovation is the third Quantum ship.

What do they mean by 50% off deposit, that $500 deposit becomes $250(You save $250) or do you have to pay $250 later?

Yes, the discount on your deposit just means you have less to pay initially, but you have to pay it all later.

Definitely think it is time to start looking at other cruise lines. Have never sailed with anyone else....but I think it truly is time to start looking. These "sales" (promos) are getting ridiculous.

RC considers it a "sale". I think they need to look up definition of "sale".

Here is what one online dictionary shows :

"for sale" = "available for purchase"

"on sale" = "available for purchase at a reduced price"

I received an email earlier with this subject line " FINAL Hours! It's your last chance to SAVE BIG". Then in the email it has a countdown clock that appears to expires around 10:00 pm central time tonight.

"Save big" indicates you are getting a reduced price. Doubling the pre-sale price to then offer a "reduced price" is not my idea of a "sale". lol

If they want to raise prices...then let them raise prices and we can decide whether to purchase or not. Don't give us gimmicks and try to pass them off as a "sale" when they aren't! I feel really sorry for new cruisers who don't know what they pricing was prior to the "sale". Some folks may actually think they are getting a "bargain" or "reduced price".

Here, here. I agree 110%. I just checked out the "sale" prices and the same trip that I have on hold is almost $600 higher with this promo.

Does it include drink package? I don't see any indication on a mock booking.

Also, I'm assuming that OBC is gone?

PS - But they have released dates into October 2016

Edited by LuCruise

Sale / promotion... It all means theres supposed to be savings and incentives, call it what you like.

Sale means savings

Promotion means combinations of offers to push sales. May or may not be a savings.

They do not mean the same thing. This is a promotion to razzle dazzle people. There's nothing to indicate there is any savings or that this is a sale.

Sale means savings

Promotion means combinations of offers to push sales. May or may not be a savings.

They do not mean the same thing. This is a promotion to razzle dazzle people. There's nothing to indicate there is any savings or that this is a sale.

Seriously? That is not true. They are "promoting" this as a sale by stating that they are giving a DISCOUNT to the second person booked - contingent on the first person paying full fare. Also, giving a DISCOUNT on a drink package for the second person - contingent on the first person paying full price. And a offer to cut the deposit in half for the entire booking. Now, the only portion of that which can not be viewed as a "sale" is the deposit since you still have to pay for the cruise, they just reduced down payment requirement.

By indicating that the second person's fare is cut in half, means there is a savings off from the price of the base fare. By indicating that the second person's drink package is cut in half, means there's a savings from the full price package. But what they're really - and quite obviously - doing, at least in terms of the base fare - is increasing the base fare during the "promotion" or "sale" time-frames and then APPEARING to cut them in half when really you're still paying the full amount. This is nothing new. It happens everywhere all the time. And I take issue with it everywhere - not just with RCL. As someone else posted, just tell me the price, be fair and straight up with me, and let me decide whether or not I want to purchase - at that price. Instead of insulting my intelligence and making it appear that I've gotten a "deal" "promotion" "sale" when I have not.

Edited by Brandywine_101

Seriously? That is not true. They are "promoting" this as a sale by stating that they are giving a DISCOUNT to the second person booked - contingent on the first person paying full fare. Also, giving a DISCOUNT on a drink package for the second person - contingent on the first person paying full price. And a offer to cut the deposit in half for the entire booking. Now, the only portion of that which can not be viewed as a "sale" is the deposit since you still have to pay for the cruise, they just reduced down payment requirement.

By indicating that the second person's fare is cut in half, means there is a savings off from the price of the base fare. By indicating that the second person's drink package is cut in half, means there's a savings from the full price package. But what they're really - and quite obviously doing, at least in terms of the base fare - is increasing the base fare during the "promotion" or "sale" time-frames and then APPEARING to cut them in half when truly, you're still paying the full amount. This is nothing new. It happens everywhere all the time. And I take issue with it everywhere - not just with RCL. As someone else posted, just tell me the price, be fair and straight up with me, and let me decide whether or not I want to purchase - at that price. Instead of insulting my intelligence and making it appear that I've gotten a "deal" "promotion" "sale".

Oh, I agree this is a case of when a sale isn't a sale. But a sale and promotion aren't necessarily the same things. I too would prefer straightforward pricing and policies. I too feel insulted when they play games and tell me I am getting a discount when I am not. But lately I do not view any of these sales as "sales" but as promotions just to get people excited. Yes, raising prices then giving a partial discount and calling it a sale is a bit disingenuous. There IS a savings compared to paying full rate for two, full deposit at once, and paying full for beverage packages. It's just not a sale compared to previous prices.

NCL's pricing structure is a lot more transparent AND a lot less insulting to my intelligence. Pay the price (which hasn't been inflated for the sale), pick your perk. Bingo, bango, boom.

I'll have to wait for winter 2016 itineraries to be fully set, but I think between RCI's "promo" and NCL's "promo" I'm probably saving somewhere in the neighborhood of $2K with NCL for a similar itinerary and comparable ships.