Cancellation Question

We were supposed to be on Freedom this week, but DW went into the ER instead. We have insurance, and I just received the claims forms for that, but I presume RCL will ultimately refund the PPG and Port Fees? If so, how long does that take? I forgot to ask that question when I called C&A on Friday to cancel.

We were supposed to be on Freedom this week, but DW went into the ER instead. We have insurance, and I just received the claims forms for that, but I presume RCL will ultimately refund the PPG and Port Fees? If so, how long does that take? I forgot to ask that question when I called C&A on Friday to cancel.

Happened to my father twice and both times he was refunded within 2 weeks. Hope DW is doing well.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hope that your wife is doing better.

The only thing you need to claim on your insurance is the total cost of your cruise fare. Everything else will be refunded back to the credit card on file by RCI. Could take anywhere from 7 days to 2 weeks.

Port Fees and PPG refund showed up today :) MRI tomorrow. Next cruise is in May, so hopefully she'll be well enough to take that one.

Hope all is well with your wife. A happy thought traveling in May might help her feel better sooner. Will say a prayer and keep a happy thought.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who expressed concern for my wife. Just thought I'd follow-up and let you know how everything turned out. She just got fitted for her ortho brace, and is cleared to travel again, so we will be able to take our cruise next week. She's on cloud nine right now:)