Alaska+Millennium=Memories to Treasure (with Lots of Pics)

sky61

midwestchick: I'm not sure how they do it, either. The first photo posting was so traumatic that I got a little bout of anxiety when I had trouble posting here at first. Had to go look up directions all over again. I guess it's good that I need to do things over and over before "getting it." Keeps things fresh (insert 'groan' here).

If you can figure out a better, free way do it! I was impatient. Promised myself this would only be a one time one year thing. There's a promise that's on shaky ground already.

So glad you are coming to NE. Have you been here before? Lobster is a favorite of mine in the summer. Nothing like a little mayo, celery and lobster on a grilled buttered roll. Classic.

We have not been to the East Coast before and it's been on my bucketlist for a long time. We'll be spending a few days in NYC pre-cruise and I'm really excited about that....DH, not so much.

I enjoy my lobstah one way and only with one condiment....served hot with lots and lots of drawn buttah! :D :p

Gorgeous pictures of the glacier.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the 5 Jun 15 north bound cruise on Millennium. I love your review. I feel like I almost have taken the cruise. Actually, this is our second inside passage but we are doing the 3 day land package to Denally this time. Your pics are great. Third time on Mille. She is a great ship and now that she has been updated to Soltice class, I'm looking forward to seeing her again since it's been 4 years since we were on her. We're going into Vancouver a day early to see some of the beautiful sights of the city. Well. I just wanted to let you know that you have another fan. Great writing style.

Icy Strait Point was our Monday port (10am-8pm). I booked a tram ride for Mom and Dad and DH and I walked into town (with the plan that we would all meet back together in the afternoon for shopping.

This is such a cool port. Limited ships makes for uncrowded unsullied beauty. Here is a link that will answer some questions and you'll probably want to check out this port on the 'Ports of Call' forum.

It was about a one and a half mile walk into town (Hoonah). I think we passed just a couple of other people walking. There was other transportation available but I'm so glad we decided to do it this way.

P1020889_zpslho56mpp.jpg

P1020861_zpshlfsa5te.jpg

P1020859_zpshbzf1afm.jpg

Wow, sidewalk ! I don't remember that in 2010.

Hi there, great review. We are doing the Northbound on May 22nd for my parents' 50th anniversary. It will be their first cruise and my first on Celebrity. I know Celebrity usually has a higher dress standard than some of the other lines. Would you be able to elaborate on what you saw for the Alaskan cruise? If I remember what I ready jeans are only allowed in the buffet. Are khakis/slacks and sweater acceptable in the main dining rooms? We will, of course, bring a suit and dress for formal nights. Thanks!

[quote name='kapitman']Hi there, great review. We are doing the Northbound on May 22nd for my parents' 50th anniversary. It will be their first cruise and my first on Celebrity. I know Celebrity usually has a higher dress standard than some of the other lines. Would you be able to elaborate on what you saw for the Alaskan cruise? If I remember what I ready jeans are only allowed in the buffet. Are khakis/slacks and sweater acceptable in the main dining rooms? We will, of course, bring a suit and dress for formal nights. Thanks![/QUOTE]

We are on your same May 22 cruise. Dress code from the Celebrity website is below. It does not specify that jeans are not allowed. I know many people consider very nice jeans and shirt to be "smart casual" attire. We will be in AQ and eating in Blu so we do not plan to bring any formal attire.

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.
Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal
Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit
Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)
The dress code at Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings.