Help! Celebrity cruiser trying RCI for the first time!

Just book a quick 4 night getaway on Liberty of the Seas, April 30, to get one last cruise in before the Caribbean season ends. I have only sailed Celebrity, and was on the Reflection in January followed by the Constellation next week. I have so many questions about what to expect!

1. Is there a formal night on a 4 night itinerary? Do the specialty restaurants stay as dressy but not formal? Not sure we want to pack formal wear for 4 nights.

2. What do we expect from the MDR? Does anyone have copies of the 4 night menu?

3. We are a D1, 9376. Is that a good location, cabin category??

4. Is there a steam, sauna, spa-type area like on the S-class ships?

5. Is there a good aft bar for afternoon cocktails?

6. Is there a night club or martini bar for late night fun?

7. What is the fee for the 2 specialty restaurants? Is it worth it and which is a favorite? (I LOVE the specialties on Reflection).

8. We are sailing while kids are still in school. The ship seems to be very kid friendly. Is there enough to do for us 50 year old kids to do??

9. edit....is there a bistro type place to have a quiet lunch and glass of wine after boarding? We always hit bistro on 5 rather than the buffet and pool deck.

Thanks in advance for any help! CC members have always been a wealth of info on the Celebrity boards!

Edited by akowilm

There is one formal night on a 4-night cruise, most likely night 2.

Here are the fleetwide MDR menus on Royal. This may or may not be the order on your cruise:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

There are free steam rooms and saunas in the fitness center, off the locker rooms.

afternoon cocktails on Royal's ships are always spectacular in the Viking for stunning views. We always prefer to get finger sandwiches upon arrival at the cafe or sorrento for Italian bites. Specialty dining is always worth the extra to us for a personalized meal (especially now that we can bring our favorite wines on board at no corking fee).

Late night we love the pub or vintages (sometimes a nightcap by ourselves on the deck is just what the doctor ordered).

Personally, the difference between the 2 lines is Royal is a little "louder" and more on the upsell, but not so much that it ruins a trip. Our one experience on Celebrity was simply decadent in the most enjoyable way, but half way through, we longing for the calyso/reggae touch instead of the "spa" tunes.

Love them both, would do either again depending on our mood and trip!

Hope this answers some questions for you

Good info, thanks! I believe we are going to get the ultimate drinks package, we are used to the premium on Celebrity and this appears to be the same. Looking forward to exploring a different type of ship!

formal night is night 2...but that only applies in the MDR. Specialty restaurants are "smart casual" every night.

Can't help with boarding day lunch...we eat a late breakfast before boarding so we can skip lunch! Eating is not the 1st thing I want to do on vacation!

No, I didn't! I am select, elite at the end of November! The perks on celebrity really are only beneficial in booking, with the category upgrade, a few items dry cleaned for free, and some discounted Internet. What does platinum offer?

No, I didn't! I am select, elite at the end of November! The perks on celebrity really are only beneficial in booking, with the category upgrade, a few items dry cleaned for free, and some discounted Internet. What does platinum offer?

Besides other things, Platinum offers a discount on any stateroom with a balcony.