Beginner Scuba Diving Carnival Excursion

Mom2sml

Has anybody here done the beginner scuba diving excursion in Cozumel offered through Carnival? My kids (18 & 16) really want to do it but hubby doesn't. I don't mind staying on shore with hubby while the kids have fun but I'm not a fan of them going on the excursion alone, besides, I would imagine that since one is a minor, we will have to sign some sort of release. Will we be able to tag along on the ride there or will we have to find our own transportation to the site? I don't mind calling the company directly but I don't know who operates the excursion. Any input?

Has anybody here done the beginner scuba diving excursion in Cozumel offered through Carnival? My kids (18 & 16) really want to do it but hubby doesn't. I don't mind staying on shore with hubby while the kids have fun but I'm not a fan of them going on the excursion alone, besides, I would imagine that since one is a minor, we will have to sign some sort of release. Will we be able to tag along on the ride there or will we have to find our own transportation to the site? I don't mind calling the company directly but I don't know who operates the excursion. Any input?

Many scuba operators will let another person, space permitting tag along on the road with a minimal additional cost. My wife came along on a dive in St Thomas and stayed on the boat. They charged us $20.

You can go through Carnival or you can book it on your own. There are a few dive shops that offer intro-to-scuba dives (Discover Scuba). Me and my kids have done it and my daughter was 12 when we first tried and I still can't believe how well she did. Its at the top of our list for our upcoming cruise in June. We go to a place called Papa Hogs which is a short can ride from the ship. Reasonable prices and they take great care of those are afraid. :eek:

Here's a link

http://www.papahogs.com/site/index2.php

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this link a few times, but I just know that they are great people (owners are from Canada), and much cheaper than booking through the ship.

I would not do it at all. If they want to dive take them to a scuba shop where you live and let them do a discover scuba dive with them. IMO there are too many unknowns in the ocean for completely untrained divers, especially around COZ with the constant current.