Finally Did It!!

I booked my first Royal cruise today. We wanted to book the Allure, but the price was too steep for my pocketbook. Booked, the Adventure of the Seas sailng out of SJU. This is my daughter's high school graduation party!! Family and friends from Boston, NY and DC will be sailing with us. Itinerary is awesome. Can't wait to sail. Any advice regarding which balcony cabin or promande cabin to choose would be appreciated. Also does this ship have the infamous roast beef sandwich? How are the shows and finally, do they play "Quest". Thanks all!

I booked my first Royal cruise today. We wanted to book the Allure, but the price was too steep for my pocketbook. Booked, the Adventure of the Seas sailng out of SJU. This is my daughter's high school graduation party!! Family and friends from Boston, NY and DC will be sailing with us. Itinerary is awesome. Can't wait to sail. Any advice regarding which balcony cabin or promande cabin to choose would be appreciated. Also does this ship have the infamous roast beef sandwich? How are the shows and finally, do they play "Quest". Thanks all!

They do serve a carved meat sandwich on the Royal Promenade for an hour or so around noon every so often. Not sure if it was every day, and when I had it, they were serving pork. Not exactly like the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe on other ships, but not bad.

Yes, they do the Quest on Adventure.

Edited by clarea

They do serve a carved meat sandwich on the Royal Promenade for an hour or so around noon every so often. Not sure if it was every day, and when I had it, they were serving pork. Not exactly like the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe on other ships, but not bad.

Yes, they do the Quest on Adventure.

Thank you!

What are the ports? We did (Jewel of the Seas) Tortola, Dominica, St. Martin & Barbados last. April for my daughter's 18th bday. It was fantastic! :D

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Caraco and Aruba!

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Caraco and Aruba!

We did a very similar itinerary in 2008 on AOS for my sons graduation. We did a couple of extra days pre and post cruise in San Juan to make it extra special. There's a lot to do in PR like Segway tours and horseback riding etc. It's definitely our favorite cruise we've ever taken. We tried this year to do the AOS but it was booked up the week we're going.

Have fun!!

Hi, we've sailed on her twice, fantastic ship and always lots to do, We've stayed in a PR room both times, deck 7 midship is great as you don't get the noise if you are above a bar and it's great for people watching and seeing the parades. In St Thomas it's really easy to just get off the ship and get a taxi to a beach or depending which dock you stop at they will have shuttles into the town. St Kitt's was a smaller port from what I remember, I don't think there was too much of interest outside the port area so it might be better to take a tour unless you want to stay on board and enjoy a quieter ship.

Thanks all . . . Philly Steve, your right. I'm going to sail on an Oasis class ship, eventually!! :D

One last question, does anyone know if they have an all white party at the club one night. I'm the group coordinator so, I want to give some feedback to the group.

Glad to hear they have the Quest game. I played it on the Disney cruise. It was absolutely hilarious!!

You will love Adventure and San Juan. Ports are awesome. Go into San Juan a day or two early if you can.

Personally we feel Quest is a Joke and not worth the time, but go for it if you want. If you like dancing around as a guy in a bra, or watching that, go for it........maybe booze will make it worth watching. There are obvously many people who like watching guys dance in bras and it makes quest very popular. Oh wait, maybe the booze makes that happen. But wait, even with lots of booze I don't get excited about watching guys dance around in bra's............. I guess I need a LOT MORE BOOZE in order to be entertained by watching drunk idiot men dance around in bra's.........

Edited by bouhunter