and one more drink package ??

There are several posting listing the old extensive bar menu with its many cocktails. Since Royal increased their bar prices, this menu/booklet was replaced with a very limited drink selection brochure.

Can you still order a drink off the old bar menu or are you now limited to what's on the new menu?

I don't know if you can order everything off the old menu. However, I believe Ocean Boy reported being able to order a Vodka Tonic for around $7. So you are not limited to what's on the new menu.

I'm actually going to copy/paste this drink menu into a word document and take it with us (after I change the comma's into decimal points). I don't think the prices are accurate, but it's a very nice list of drinks and what's in them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176366

I did something similar on our last cruise. I made a list of cocktails (both with and without alcohol) I/We wanted to try. Our first drink didn't taste right at all, and we ordered basic drinks. The next drink we tried was the Peach Island Oasis... Thats all we drank the rest of the cruise... until the last evening. They ran out of peach!!! They called around to other bars and it seemed like we cleaned them out :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe our next cruise we will go back to the list lol

Hi.

Is it correct the difference between the Ultimate and Premium is:

Ultimate:

I would get OJ, Sparkling water and coffee tea.

That is the only difference? Is that correct.

Hi.

Is it correct the difference between the Ultimate and Premium is:

Ultimate:

I would get OJ, Sparkling water and coffee tea.

That is the only difference? Is that correct.

Correct, the OJ is fresh squeezed, and the coffee is specialty. Some ships may have things like smoothies available too.

Edited by clarea

Correct, the OJ is fresh squeezed, and the coffee is specialty. Some ships may have things like smoothies available too.

Thank you.

The only thing I can think of that I need, possibly at night, is the sparkling at dinner.

I guess we will just purchase as we go.

Do you know if champagne is included in the Select. It doesn't mention champagne in any of the offerings.

Thank you so much!

Thank you.

The only thing I can think of that I need, possibly at night, is the sparkling at dinner.

I guess we will just purchase as we go.

Do you know if champagne is included in the Select. It doesn't mention champagne in any of the offerings.

Thank you so much!

Yes, there is some sort of house sparkling wine you can get within the $8 per glass limit of the Select package. I don't recall the variety.

The Select package says it includes "non-alcoholic cocktails". Does anyone have a few examples of what that includes?

I'm up in the air between Select and Premium because I am a complete beer drinker at home, but do like to have a frozen or fruity drink (or 2 or 3...) when I'm onboard. If non-alcoholic cocktails means any of the frozen drinks that can be made virgin, then I might just have to forego the alcohol in them and stick to a Select package.

The Select package says it includes "non-alcoholic cocktails". Does anyone have a few examples of what that includes?...

Virgin Frozen Mojito, Virgin Pina Colada, Virgin Mudslide, etc.

Edited by clarea

I just rebooked my February 2016 sailing since the price had come down a little already and then was able to book the Premium Package as BOGO half off. We are sailing 5 night Navigator.

I did loose the $200 OBC from RCCL though. The TA said that RCCL was no longer offering it? I am sailing in an aft D1.

We were going to purchase the package anyway using the $200 RCCL OBC and the additional $140 from the TA for two of us and paying the rest so we still came out ahead.

I'm actually going to copy/paste this drink menu into a word document and take it with us (after I change the comma's into decimal points). I don't think the prices are accurate, but it's a very nice list of drinks and what's in them.

Just did the same - cruising in 15 days with the Premium package bought and paid for, so be damned if I don't have a good choice of drinks to pick from. :p

I am wondering about the drinks that are now included. When we were on the Liberty in 2013, we had the premium drink package. It included drinks/wine up to $10.00. This pretty much included everything we wanted.

Now I see they have increased those same drinks ie: frozen mojitos to $11something. I have heard $12 for most cocktails. Did they raise the price limit in the package? I would hate to buy the package at $57/day (which is $8/day higher then when we had it) AND still have to pay above the $10 limit.

Edited by xrayvin

I said this in a previous post, but I'm confident it was a move to streamline bar service and revenue. Much like a restaurant that has a hugely diverse menu, it's hard to stock and inventory. Then you add the time it takes someone to mull over a lengthy bar menu while the line stacks up, and the extra time it takes to make frozen drinks with several ingredients. With more and more people doing a drink package, I definitely see room to clean up the process and speed up service.

That being said, I'm sure as long as the bartender knows what you want and you're not ordering some made up frozen drink with 14 ingredients...they'll probably make it for you.

I am wondering about the drinks that are now included. When we were on the Liberty in 2013, we had the premium drink package. It included drinks/wine up to $10.00. This pretty much included everything we wanted.

Now I see they have increased those same drinks ie: frozen mojitos to $11something. I have heard $12 for most cocktails. Did they raise the price limit in the package? I would hate to buy the package at $57/day (which is $8/day higher then when we had it) AND still have to pay above the $10 limit.

The cocktail limit is now $12 on the Premium and Ultimate packages.

I notice people are posting that there is a new drinks menu when i look at it i can not seem to see the only drink i drink which is tia marie which is a coffee liquor i know there is kahula but being from europe it tastes completley different up to now they have always stocked it i would appreciate anybody who is on a rci ship enquiring for me many thanks

I think what they may have done is add the gratuity (18% now) into the pricing scheme. If so, then the $11.80 mojito still backs out to be $10, give or take. Regardless, with the expansion of the cocktail limit to $12 in the packages, I think by and large it'll be a change invisible to those on the packages.

Edited by BalekFekete

I think what they may have done is add the gratuity (18% now) into the pricing scheme. If so, then the $11.80 mojito still backs out to be $10, give or take, and would be covered by the packages. I'll know for sure in two weeks...but if they screwed me out of most of the options, they'll have one very irate customer on their hands...

The cocktail limit is $12 now, based on the cost of a drink with no gratuity added.

Yes, that is one post. The other post is: shipcruise (dot) org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

It is my plan to download the info for use onboard too, however, I wanted to make sure that the bartenders would make the 'old drinks'.

LOL we bring that list with us every time we cruise. We joke about trying to get through it in a week and never make a significant dent on the page. Some of the drinks are from the RC I archives, but every once in a while we have found a bartender who remembers them. Usually it's accompanied by a few funny stories. Enjoy it, we have found many great "off the menu" drinks.