Any Princess changes I should know about since last year?

kywildcatfanone

First cruise in a year coming up, all previous with Princess, 14 in total, but work has kept me from keeping up with the forum. Going on the Regal, Eastern Caribbean.

Any policy changes in the last year I should know about, or changes in the way Princess does things? We basically get on the ship, get a coffee and UKP sticker for the wife, go to specialty dining on formal nights since we don't want to dress up, and just get off the ship and do some shopping.

Thanks in advance!

I hope the Regal features all of the 50th anniversary offerings - regional parties, cuisine, Love Boat Disco Deck party, trivia, etc. They have made Princess into a new cruise line for us.

Interesting, have not heard anything at all about this. Will be doing some searching around.

You will not recognize the MDR menu, completely different with a few familiar items mixed in.

I don't think the menu has changed much in the past year. The 50th anniversary menu is the only one I hadn't seen before.

Edited by shredie

I don't think the menu has changed much in the past year. The 50th anniversary menu is the only one I hadn't seem before.

I agree, a little different menu printing, but really IMO the 50th Anniversary night is the only unfamiliar change from last year

Srpilo

I hope the Regal features all of the 50th anniversary offerings - regional parties, cuisine, Love Boat Disco Deck party, trivia, etc. They have made Princess into a new cruise line for us.

Just got off Regal and I missed/didn't identify/aware of all the things you said made Princess into a new cruise line for you. The ship was beautiful, service great, entertainment very good, food good to excellent. Other than my opinion, it was still Princess Cruise Line.

We really didn't like them moving the Champagne Waterfall to the earlier time as it was all down by 10pm. Before that is when it all started.

Just got off Regal and I missed/didn't identify/aware of all the things you said made Princess into a new cruise line for you. The ship was beautiful, service great, entertainment very good, food good to excellent. Other than my opinion, it was still Princess Cruise Line.

We really didn't like them moving the Champagne Waterfall to the earlier time as it was all down by 10pm. Before that is when it all started.

It has been at the earlier time for a number of years now, at least 5.

You were in the Caribbean. There wasn't a Mardi Gras party (regional parties of the world), Love Boat Disco Deck party, festivals of the world drumming circle, Mardi Gras mask making, steel drum lessons, Caribbean cuisine items on every menu, 50th anniversary trivia, 50th anniversary ballon drop? We had all of these on the Caribbean Princess and some of them on the Grand Princess (not the regional parties as we were in Mexico).

We love the earlier champagne waterfall. At least we get to it now, didn't used to. On the Pacific Princess, they did it on the pool deck for sailaway and introduced the senior officers. That was perfect, with sunset over Moorea. I like having it when the most people will get to it.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

Should I bring my 1965 prom gown? LOL

It has been at the earlier time for a number of years now, at least 5.

Regardless, if it has been 1 month or 5 years or even 10. I still think it is not the same nor as good as it was when it was held later. JMHO!

Thanks for the info. I only keep track of cruises not events. LOL

You were in the Caribbean. There wasn't a Mardi Gras party (regional parties of the world), Love Boat Disco Deck party, festivals of the world drumming circle, Mardi Gras mask making, steel drum lessons, Caribbean cuisine items on every menu, 50th anniversary trivia, 50th anniversary ballon drop? We had all of these on the Caribbean Princess and some of them on the Grand Princess (not the regional parties as we were in Mexico).

We love the earlier champagne waterfall. At least we get to it now, didn't used to. On the Pacific Princess, they did it on the pool deck for sailaway and introduced the senior officers. That was perfect, with sunset over Moorea. I like having it when the most people will get to it.

So, if it was not held on a Caribbean sailing, then they have not made it into a new Princess Cruise line. Does that mean it is still the OLE Princess Cruise Line? LOL

So, if it was not held on a Caribbean sailing, then they have not made it into a new Princess Cruise line. Does that mean it is still the OLE Princess Cruise Line? LOL

Princess has been touting all of these things in their press releases about their 50th anniversary. Kind of shabby to not actually do them on their newest ship.