Running out of food provisions

kruisey

Princess has a Secret garden .I have often wondered how Princess keeps their berries so fresh after many days at sea?:confused:

Secret midnight rendezvous with a submarine. Or else an early prototype of Amazon drone delivery.

No, the kitchen staff bring fresh supplies when they rejoin the ship each morning after sleeping at home during the night.

Edited by caribill

Princess has a Secret garden .I have often wondered how Princess keeps their berries so fresh after many days at sea?:confused:

Actually, if you wash your berries in a bowl of water with a splash of vinegar they will stay fresh much much longer. And they don't taste like the vinegar.

At least as far as the bananas, the more practical explanation was they had some that didn't ripen as expected...

We were on a T/A cruise and had run out of bananas and strawberry's and 2 days later they magically appeared again....the funny thing was we were at see with no ports in sight....

When we asked how this was....they told us that it must have been at the back of the walk in cooler....:eek:

At least as far as the bananas, the more practical explanation was they had some that didn't ripen as expected...

Or some that did, and were ready ... why I don't totally think the "they'll eat all the fruit" reason is fully valid. Princess brings aboard produce that will be at its peak in a few days for longer stretches at sea. After all, in the Northern U.S., it's not like the fruit's getting there overnight from the fields.

So they can't eat all the fruit because more will be loaded on, or ripen. The answer is still to make sure that more is put out by the Horizon Court personnel. Trust Princess to know their business.

Edited by Wehwalt

Or some that did, and were ready ... why I don't totally think the "they'll eat all the fruit" reason is fully valid. Princess brings aboard produce that will be at its peak in a few days for longer stretches at sea. After all, in the Northern U.S., it's not like the fruit's getting there overnight from the fields.

So they can't eat all the fruit because more will be loaded on, or ripen. The answer is still to make sure that more is put out by the Horizon Court personnel. Trust Princess to know their business.

On the Emerald last month in the HC they put out inedible pineapple several times.

It was not ripe (white in color) and as hard as a rock. I mentioned it to one of the chefs in the HC and they promptly removed it. But it was back several hours later and during the cruise. Anyone cutting it and supervising the kitchen should/would have seen this but put it out anyway. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

On the Emerald last month in the HC they put out inedible pineapple several times.

It was not ripe (white in color) and as hard as a rock. I mentioned it to one of the chefs in the HC and the promptly removed it. But it was back several hours later and during the cruise. Anyone cutting it and supervising the kitchen should/would have seen this but put it out anyway. :(

On Emerald Oct/Nov end of last year the pineapple was horrid white and tough!

And tougher! with each bite:eek:.

I think we get a little spoilt when we take cruises via Hawaii ,Pacific islands and Australia. Oh my that Pineapple is to die for..YUMMY YUMMY to the Tummy:D