Running out of food provisions

kruisey

Yes from my days in Melbourne and Sydney. ;)

'Cept I hope you asked for a scallop in Sydney or they'd know you was from down South, but I guess if you had a Yank accent they'd a just smiled.

Just so we are on the same page

Flake = Fish

Potatoe Cake = Thin slice of potato in batter

That right?

I was thinking of Potato SCONES.She made them flat with flour mixed with potato.

No one ever seems to wrap my Fush and Chups in newspaper anymore :(.

As for getting lashings of vinegar, OMG the other day they offered me a little pack of it for 0.60c

In the UK when I visit they put the Fish and Chips in styrofoam type boxes now but they still put lashings of malt vinegar on them ....Several of the Chippie shops just say Fish&Chips with no choice of what kind of fish just the one kind.

We are lucky still having choices of fish brands.:)

In the UK when I visit they put the Fish and Chips in styrofoam type boxes now but they still put lashings of malt vinegar on them ....Several of the Chippie shops just say Fish&Chips with no choice of what kind of fish just the one kind.

We are lucky still having choices of fish brands.:)

Styrofoam makes 'em sweat. Yuk.

I am afraid they don't get time to sweat when I am around;):D

There is a shop near my wife's work that still does them in paper formed into a cone, Yummy.

I usually have to take them home to share with the rest of the mob, and in that styrofoam junk by the time I get home bleeah

I think what and how much a passenger eats, or how little, or their choices, should never be the source of a comment from another passenger to that passenger or in their presence, unless invited. Just my opinion, and how I was brought up. It's the ship's job to replenish the food in a timely manner.

Edited by Wehwalt

I think what and how much a passenger eats, or how little, or their choices, should never be the source of a comment from another passenger to that passenger or in their presence, unless invited. Just my opinion, and how I was brought up. It's the ship's job to replenish the food in a timely manner.

To a certain extent.When it comes to the few that over indulge every day, like the example of the fruit in an earlier post, this could make for shortages later in the cruise which affects everyone on board.Princess must calculate the average amounts for each cruise .it is only exceptions like this that folks notice

No "oink, oink"?

I was disappointed the 1st time I had Fish and Chips, in Brighton, and no newspaper. Evidently the Food Police declared newspapers unsanitary. The last few times they were wrapped in paper printed to look like newspaper. Regardless, that's the only time I eat fish. With lots of malt vinegar. Yum!!

I'd suggest anyone thinking about smart comments be very careful, I once saw a bloke get a heck of a beating after a comment on what someone was eating.

I suspect that the fellow doing the beating was on steroids.

I'd suggest anyone thinking about smart comments be very careful, I once saw a bloke get a heck of a beating after a comment on what someone was eating.

I suspect that the fellow doing the beating was on steroids.

Started this thread about' Shortage of Provisions'.

If you are referring to the folks and the fruit.I think it was brought up because that person thought one of the reasons for shortages could be due a few folks

overdoing things which can relate to "Shortage of Provisions':)

Started this thread about' Shortage of Provisions'.

If you are referring to the folks and the fruit.I think it was brought up because that person thought one of the reasons for shortages could be due a few folks

overdoing things which can relate to "Shortage of Provisions':)

I'd like to see a one person shortage of food! Seriously, the thing to do is chat with the Horizon Court manager and arrange for him to have an extra bowl of fruit handy so once they get their provisions, there is no shortage in the cornucopia.

I'd like to see a one person shortage of food! Seriously, the thing to do is chat with the Horizon Court manager and arrange for him to have an extra bowl of fruit handy so once they get their provisions, there is no shortage in the cornucopia.

If this happened every day the placing of extra fruit above the normal amount supplied could lead to shortages later in the cruise.

This what the person referring to the fruit meant.:)

We were on a T/A cruise and had run out of bananas and strawberry's and 2 days later they magically appeared again....the funny thing was we were at see with no ports in sight....

When we asked how this was....they told us that it must have been at the back of the walk in cooler....:eek:

Edited by robandana

We were on a T/A cruise and had run out of bananas and strawberry's and 2 days later they magically appeared again....the funny thing was we were at see with no ports in sight....

When we asked how this was....they told us that it must have been at the back of the walk in cooler....:eek:

Princess has a Secret garden .I have often wondered how Princess keeps their berries so fresh after many days at sea?:confused:

Secret midnight rendezvous with a submarine. Or else an early prototype of Amazon drone delivery.