Classic bev package question

closecruiser

Things have changed since your last cruise 2 years ago. During the infancy of the 123 promotion, it was reported that patrons were able to get the smaller versions of the drinks at the Martini Bar. Later in 2013, it was reported that the only versions available at the Martini Bar were the basic gin or vodka version as well as a cosmo or an appletini, all made with classic level liquors such as Absolute or Stoli. I have not read a single post about someone that has recently been able to sidestep the rules and obtain smaller versions of the premium martinis just because they have the classic package. As usual, things change all the time on X and just because you were able to circumvent the rule 2 years ago, don't assume that you'll be able to do it again on your upcoming cruise. If you want the higher end stuff, you'll have to pony up the extra 11.80 per day to enjoy it.

Circumvent the rule!!!! The point is there was no rule other than the one in your own head😒 we didn't break any rule as they were the facts as presented to us and they suited us just fine. Though they may not appeal to you! The martinis you have mentioned will suit us just fine just as they did on our last cruise and that's without any circumventing 😃 good luck ponying up

Just sailed on the Reflection. We upgraded to the premium, mainly for the martinis and wine. My fave wine was $10.50 a glass, so it wouldn't have been covered by the classic. I also like to have martinis, which are $12.

And don't shoot me, I didn't care for the molecular bar at all. I didn't think the space was attractive and I thought the drinks were WAY too sweet. As I was looking through the menu, most of the offerings contained sweet juice or simple syrup, definitely not my style. It was cool how they made them smoke though. The russian bartenders were fun, but we only went a couple of times, then always ended up at the martini bar, which had a great location.

Cannot recall where I obtained this list of the classic and premium beverages or if it is up to date or not. Let me know if this is accurate or has been updated.

I do have a question for the forum: I received the classic beverage package as a perk, but want to upgrade to the premium. I have an on board credit and am wondering if I book the upgrade prior to the cruise will I be billed immediately or will the additional charge be credited against my OBC?

Gary

That list is from the Celebrity website. It is as accurate as anything else on their website. It's always subject to change - anytime.

Just sailed on the Reflection. We upgraded to the premium, mainly for the martinis and wine. My fave wine was $10.50 a glass, so it wouldn't have been covered by the classic. I also like to have martinis, which are $12.

And don't shoot me, I didn't care for the molecular bar at all. I didn't think the space was attractive and I thought the drinks were WAY too sweet. As I was looking through the menu, most of the offerings contained sweet juice or simple syrup, definitely not my style. It was cool how they made them smoke though. The russian bartenders were fun, but we only went a couple of times, then always ended up at the martini bar, which had a great location.

I agree, IMO, the Martini bar is much better and has a better atmosphere to drink at.:D

Circumvent the rule!!!! The point is there was no rule other than the one in your own head😒 we didn't break any rule as they were the facts as presented to us and they suited us just fine. Though they may not appeal to you! The martinis you have mentioned will suit us just fine just as they did on our last cruise and that's without any circumventing 😃 good luck ponying up
Ah.... another member of the me generation. You lucked out 2 years ago and you had a bartender at the Martini Bar make you smaller versions of the premium martinis. I can read between the lines that you're frugal, so enjoy your 4 versions of the martinis made with classic level liquors while those that enjoy the premium stuff will pony up the extra 11.80 per day for the privilege. All I was doing was informing you that you would not be able to get what you got over 2 years ago because X is now enforcing the rules so that certain bartenders do not circumvent them.

I don't see Capt. Morgan on the lists provided here. This is my daughter's favorite. I know it's available and should be in the Classic package. Anybody know why it's not listed?

I drink Southern Comfort and it is not listed... I drink Perfect Southern Comfort Manhattans so this sometimes falls into the premium package, which is why I upgrade to prevent having to care!

The list on the website does not show all of the spirits... Someone at one time did post an Excel sheet with everything on it...

~Steve

Ah.... another member of the me generation. You lucked out 2 years ago and you had a bartender at the Martini Bar make you smaller versions of the premium martinis. I can read between the lines that you're frugal, so enjoy your 4 versions of the martinis made with classic level liquors while those that enjoy the premium stuff will pony up the extra 11.80 per day for the privilege. All I was doing was informing you that you would not be able to get what you got over 2 years ago because X is now enforcing the rules so that certain bartenders do not circumvent them.

Nice!! And now I remember you from your posts 2 years ago when you were spouting the same kill joy sermons. I made a comment then and you were just as insulting then! Actually we went on our cruise shortly after your spouting only to find out that most of what you had spouted was pure fabrication!

Not too sure why you are intent on sucking the joy out of what should be a fun topic!! Maybe it's time for your next premium shot!!! Cheers

Nice!! And now I remember you from your posts 2 years ago when you were spouting the same kill joy sermons. I made a comment then and you were just as insulting then! Actually we went on our cruise shortly after your spouting only to find out that most of what you had spouted was pure fabrication!

Not too sure why you are intent on sucking the joy out of what should be a fun topic!! Maybe it's time for your next premium shot!!! Cheers

Not a single word of fabrication in my posting whatsoever. I was using first hand experience from my Summit cruise from October of 2013 when a gentleman inquired about getting a small martini using his classic level card and the bartender said that he would make a basic one for him but that the Martini Bar was a specialty bar for the large martinis on the cocktail list made with premium ingredients. Just reporting what I witnessed first hand. Zero fabrication.

I also was not sucking the joy out of anything. I was just paying forward my first hand information that the rules had changed since you were able to get a bartender to give you smaller versions of premium product just so you could use your included classic level card. If you were able to do it again on a subsequent cruise, good for you. I severely doubt though that the third time will be a charm. Unless of course you have different ways of charming bartenders to get what you want. Either way, enjoy your cruise and your classic level.

I plan on upgrading to premium alcoholic. When I order a margarita can I get it with a better tequila? And what would you recommend I ask for?

Laura

Ahhh- Patron!

~Steve

Here is a link to menu's on board. Under craft cocktails, try the Mexican Firing Squad. Under crushed, the Tequila Tropicale. Under pool bar the Peychauds Paloma.

http://www.thepreismans.com/pan_can_menus.htm

In general, if you can get Don Julio or Patron Reposado, you have a good tequila and the Reposado is smoother than the Silver. In fact, a chilled shot of Don Julio Reposado is so good you don't need any lime or salt.

I plan on upgrading to premium alcoholic. When I order a margarita can I get it with a better tequila? And what would you recommend I ask for?

Laura

Seriously? You DON'T waste really good Tequila in a Margarita...

The "sweet and sour" they likely use instead of Triple Sec (or even the Triple Sec) would overwhelm the flavor of the tequila anyway...You might as well use ANY cheap silver tequila in a Margarita...That's what Jose Cuervo is for! BTW, Cuervo Gold isn't real Anejo...it's just silver turned brown with food coloring...or so I've heard...

Most Americans prefer a good Anejo Tequila (means it's aged in the barrel for at least over a year, giving it a darker color and richer oaky flavor) as a sipping tequila...no mixers...

Mexicans tend to prefer a good Reposado (aged over six months, not quite as strong, often smoother)...

Using a really good Tequila for Margaritas makes most Tequila aficionados cringe...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Seriously? You DON'T waste really good Tequila in a Margarita...

The "sweet and sour" they likely use instead of Triple Sec (or even the Triple Sec) would overwhelm the flavor of the tequila anyway.

Actually, most decent margaritas are made with both sweet & sour mix AND triple sec. And if you are getting a top shelf margarita, it is usually made with grand marnier or something similar, rather than triple sec. ;)

Not a single word of fabrication in my posting whatsoever. I was using first hand experience from my Summit cruise from October of 2013 when a gentleman inquired about getting a small martini using his classic level card and the bartender said that he would make a basic one for him but that the Martini Bar was a specialty bar for the large martinis on the cocktail list made with premium ingredients. Just reporting what I witnessed first hand. Zero fabrication.

I also was not sucking the joy out of anything. I was just paying forward my first hand information that the rules had changed since you were able to get a bartender to give you smaller versions of premium product just so you could use your included classic level card. If you were able to do it again on a subsequent cruise, good for you. I severely doubt though that the third time will be a charm. Unless of course you have different ways of charming bartenders to get what you want. Either way, enjoy your cruise and your classic level.

Aha! So all your prophesysing was actually based on hearsay!

Take it from someone who has actually been on the receiving end when I tell you that unfortunately you were wrong 2 years ago as it was numerous bartenders who actually suggested the small type martini to us. Otherwise we wouldn't have known they even existed!!

They suited me just fine as unlike yourself I really can't drink too much alcohol in one go. I need to pace myself!

So don't worry about our next cruise because based on the advice you gave out 2 years ago (which was totally against our experience) forgive us for not having much faith in your current declarations.

Unlike you, we really will not fall to bits if we don't subscribe to the premium package!!

I wish you well in your future premium guzzling.

P.S I think it's a matter of those bartenders seeing SNJCruisers a coming !!!

Aha! So all your prophesysing was actually based on hearsay!

Take it from someone who has actually been on the receiving end when I tell you that unfortunately you were wrong 2 years ago as it was numerous bartenders who actually suggested the small type martini to us. Otherwise we wouldn't have known they even existed!!

They suited me just fine as unlike yourself I really can't drink too much alcohol in one go. I need to pace myself!

So don't worry about our next cruise because based on the advice you gave out 2 years ago (which was totally against our experience) forgive us for not having much faith in your current declarations.

Unlike you, we really will not fall to bits if we don't subscribe to the premium package!!

I wish you well in your future premium guzzling.

P.S I think it's a matter of those bartenders seeing SNJCruisers a coming !!!

First of all, it's spelled prophesizing. Secondly, you're receiving end was in February of 2013. Things had changed between then and October of 2013, when I witnessed things firsthand right in front of me. It was not hearsay that I read on the boards, it was a hard cold fact that I witnessed with my own eyes. According to your past cruises listed on your profile, you have not cruised again since your small martini consumption in February of 2013 and all I was doing was mentioning that rules have changed since then. At the time you cruised over 2 years ago, you were able to get the smaller martinis and circumvent the rules because of some nice bartenders. On numerous threads regarding this topic on the boards, I have not read a single post recently of someone being able to get the premium martinis in smaller versions in order to qualify for the classic package. This is in line with what I witnessed firsthand on my Summit cruise in October of 2013 and my Silhouette cruise in March of 2014. Both of these cruises have occurred since your last cruise and once again all I was doing was letting you know that policies have changed since you were able to get the premium stuff in smaller glasses back in February of 2013. The advice I gave was from first hand experience on two different cruises since you have taken your last one.

So, don't get your panties all bunched up if you're only able to get the four basic martinis made with classic level liquors, after all, you yourself stated that you can't drink too much in one go, so those 5 oz pours should suit your taste buds just fine. Cheers!