Port Canaveral parking dillima

I was wondering if anyone has used the 40% voucher program that the Port has offered with certain hotels? Many hotel websites are hard to find clear information about this option i.e. added booking fees or if you must have a promo code. One hotel would not let me choose the option because it would only validate a voucher till dec. 2015. My sailing date is in 2016. I really don't want to wait till January 1st to start looking to book a room. I have 8 hotels on my list but I do not really want to call them all to find out details. Really just looking for some insight of how the voucher system has worked for those who have tried it comments good or bad. I kinda like this option as the best for our family of 5 needs but there is just not lots of info. out there about it or how it works. I really like how it is out the door of the terminal then on the road again.
The other options I have seen are the hotel/parking options but most of the shuttles only offer round trip for two. I then would be paying $30 or more for rest of my family just to take shuttle. Or I drive my family to the terminal and drop them off and get back and catch the shuttle. What kinda seems more of a headache than it is worth...
I really don't want to use just a pay lot if it can be helped. I was looking for a combo hotel and parking deal. We will be getting in late the night before and really don't care about beach front or amenities except maybe breakfast and a clean room.

I can't help with the voucher thing...never heard of it! But, price out hotels without it...you could come out ahead!

And when booking, call the hotel DIRECTLY....don't use a 3rd party or 800 number! Ask for prices, and inquire about any "specials"...the in-house reservation folks can (and do) have the power to offer discounts! Ask them about their parking/shuttle offerings.

Sometimes a "voucher" program will cost more than not!!!

Look on Hotels.com...its a great site for comparison purposes....but do NOT book through them! Look up the local # of the actual hotel!!!! Edited by cb at sea