If I pre-order Pinnacle Grill or Le Cirque, can I cancel on board?

cl.klink

I am traveling on Oosterdam in May. If I book Pinnacle Grill or Le Cirque now, they are asking me to pay now. If I want to cancel on board, do I get an OBC for what I have paid or do I have a refund? Should I wait till I board to book?

- Joel

Remember that you will be holding spaces at those restaurants that you probably don't plan to dine in but other people may be trying to get that booking. If you plan to cancel, why book? :confused:

of course you will get it back in on board credit.

no issues at all as long as you give sufficient notice for the cancellation.

guessing you are concerned about formal night scheduling or something else?

In an case, it's all good, just make sure you give them sufficient notice.

Remember that you will be holding spaces at those restaurants that you probably don't plan to dine in but other people may be trying to get that booking. If you plan to cancel, why book? :confused:

I didn't read the OP as saying that Sail?

they are just asking a question. could be formal night concern, who knows? and not our worry IMO

We interpreted the post differently. I read that..... :shrug:

It is only an assumption to suggest he was asking about formal night. I don't see anything in his post in that regard.

Thanks everyone. I will book and hope to go. I haven't finished deciding on excursion and port activities, and this is part of why I might change my mind later. I want to keep these dining reservations otherwise though.

- Joel

This is our first HAL cruise, and I had heard that it can be difficult to get a reservation for the Pinnacle Grill if you wait until you board to do so. While we very much look forward to the dinners we have booked, we would hate to miss what we call the "Foo foo la la" (ie., fancy) meal that is served once per 7 night cruise and is usually called the Chef's Table. This is not the Le Cirque dinner, it is something separate from that evening. It has become our cruise ritual to attend the Chef's Table meal when we are able to book it, we always have a lot of fun trying new foods on that evening. I have been assured there is a Chef's Table dinner on our cruise, but so far no details as to which evening it will be held. If it happens to fall on an evening when we have prebooked a Pinnacle dinner, we may have to get things switched, unfortunately. But I assure you that is the only reason we would cancel another reservation, is to be able to attend that one dinner. Otherwise all reservations will be kept. We've been to Bermuda several times, and we prefer to have lunch on shore. Dinners are always taken on the ship, it's our "thing."

It is not our intention to hold up a reservation so that someone else can't have it. I did my best to guess-timate which evenings we would want to dine at the Pinnacle, and hopefully we won't have to make any changes whatsoever. It can be tricky going with a new cruise line and not knowing what to expect the way you do with a familiar cruise line, like what night things are held etc. We will be sure to inquire about this Chef's Table experience first thing when we board the ship, so that if we do free up a reservation it will be asap so that others can enjoy it and the Pinnacle doesn't lose revenue for that spot. What can I say, we are foodies, and we really enjoy pursuing the diverse food offerings on our cruises. :)

Lorie

This is our first HAL cruise, and I had heard that it can be difficult to get a reservation for the Pinnacle Grill if you wait until you board to do so. While we very much look forward to the dinners we have booked, we would hate to miss what we call the "Foo foo la la" (ie., fancy) meal that is served once per 7 night cruise and is usually called the Chef's Table. This is not the Le Cirque dinner, it is something separate from that evening. It has become our cruise ritual to attend the Chef's Table meal when we are able to book it, we always have a lot of fun trying new foods on that evening. I have been assured there is a Chef's Table dinner on our cruise, but so far no details as to which evening it will be held. If it happens to fall on an evening when we have prebooked a Pinnacle dinner, we may have to get things switched, unfortunately. But I assure you that is the only reason we would cancel another reservation, is to be able to attend that one dinner. Otherwise all reservations will be kept. We've been to Bermuda several times, and we prefer to have lunch on shore. Dinners are always taken on the ship, it's our "thing."

It is not our intention to hold up a reservation so that someone else can't have it. I did my best to guess-timate which evenings we would want to dine at the Pinnacle, and hopefully we won't have to make any changes whatsoever. It can be tricky going with a new cruise line and not knowing what to expect the way you do with a familiar cruise line, like what night things are held etc. We will be sure to inquire about this Chef's Table experience first thing when we board the ship, so that if we do free up a reservation it will be asap so that others can enjoy it and the Pinnacle doesn't lose revenue for that spot. What can I say, we are foodies, and we really enjoy pursuing the diverse food offerings on our cruises. :)

Lorie

You will see the "Chef's Table", "sommelier dinner" or something similar posted in the On Location on board. You have to wait until you are on board to book it.

It is smart to pre-book the PG dinners and if for whatever reason they don't work you can ask to change the reservation.

The PG can be very booked some nights, but if you are flexible on times then there are usually a few options. Best to do it early in the cruise though.

Do try the PG for lunch. We really enjoy it.

Lorie

Thanks for explaining, Lorie.

You're right that is a special evening, a lovely dinner.

Hope you enjoy it and have a wonderful cruise. :)

These are all great points. Appreciate very much.

Any advice as to which night to do Pinaccle Grill? I'm thinking second night which is inside passage scenic sailing. We'll have seen scenery all day and not rushing back to make the ship as could be on port days.

- Joel

Any advice as to which night to do Pinaccle Grill? I'm thinking second night which is inside passage scenic sailing. We'll have seen scenery all day and not rushing back to make the ship as could be on port days.

- Joel

The best night for PG is the last night when the International menu is served in the MDR. It is also the hardest night to get reservations so book online.

The easiest PG reservation is your first night as most want to find their MDR table and get to know their tablemates. Probably, can just walk in to the PG the first night w/o a reservation.

Edited by Crew News

The best night for PG is the last night when the International menu is served in the MDR. It is also the hardest night to get reservations so book online.

Thanks. What makes that such a god choice?

- Joel

Thanks. What makes that such a god choice?

- Joel

The International Menu, on Pages 3 and 4 below, that is served on the last night is overwhelming to many passengers and many passengers just like a great PG dining experience on their last evening:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/EC-2015-Day-07-A.pdf

- Joel

First night is actually a good night because for some reason service in the MDR is always very slow that night. The last night International dinner is not too popular with some, but you may actually enjoy it - my DH does, whereas I'm not too keen.

And I strongly recommend that you make your reservations for the Pinnacle Grill ahead of time, and if you have to change or cancel, then no big deal. The PG gets booked up very quickly.