Pre-booking Hagia Sophia online

• 2 weeks later...
Have tried 15 times to put credit card info in. It keeps stating to check credit card info. We called credit card company and they don't see anything was trying to be charged. Any ideas?

I found that using credit cards issued by banks gave me the same problem. When my husband called they also didn't see a charge going through. What worked was using a Mastercard or Visa that was issued by a store. I never received an email with the tickets, but after the card went through there was a pop up box with an option to download or print the tickets. It was on the bottom left of the pop up box. I didn't see it the first time I ordered tickets, and had to get the charge reversed. Then, I read somewhere that there will be an option to download the tickets, so I tried again and saw it.

Good luck!

I had no problem using my credit card issued by my bank (I am in Canada though, so it's a different system). After entering the mastercard number the only thing I had to enter was my password for "verified by mastercard" password. I had the option to print the tickets immediately; however, they were also emailed to me.

Just came back from Istanbul. It was very easy to buy tickets at the Hagia Sophia and Topaki Palace from the self-service ticket booths on site - there are plenty of booths - no waiting.... Save yourself the headaches from booking online - buy your tickets there.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm still trying to get information on whether the lines for the pretickets are longer than getting at the kiosk. Does anyone have information?

We decided to try to visit the Haggia Sophia before boarding our ship recently. The decision was somewhat spur of the moment so we had not pre-purchased tickets. The line was horrendous though, and we were about to just bag the whole idea when an independent tour guide approached us and asked if we were going to visit. We said apparently not, since the line was so long. He told us that if we were with a licensed tour guide we could skip the line. He already had tickets on hand (same price) and said he would only charge an additional 100 Turkish Lira (about $37 US) to be our guide inside for about a half hour. At first I was skeptical and thought it was a scam, but since he did not ask for payment up front, we took him up on it and it was indeed all legit. He had an official ID badge so we just followed him and bypassed the entire line. He took us around, told us all about it, and answered our questions. Frankly I think it was the best $37 we spent the entire trip!