Pre-booking Hagia Sophia online

Just wondered if anyone has recently successfully pre-booked tickets online for Hagia Sophia. I have tried multiple times and keep getting the error "Please check your credit card information and try again". I tried both of the credit cards I have and get the message for both of them.

Just wondered if anyone has recently successfully pre-booked tickets online for Hagia Sophia. I have tried multiple times and keep getting the error "Please check your credit card information and try again". I tried both of the credit cards I have and get the message for both of them.

Not saying this is the problem - but you might try calling your credit card companies - they may be blocking the charge since it is not local…… or it could be their website :confused:

It's been posted on Tripadvisor, if you're just getting individual tickets and not the museum pass, you can put your hotel address down and it works then. You then get the option to print out your tickets.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5521929-o60-E_tickets_for_hagia_sophia_topkapi_palace_whirling_dervish-Istanbul.html

Except we don't have a hotel address; we're arriving via cruise ship.

Try entering the address of any hotel in Istanbul. According to the post on TripAdvisor, this method has worked for others and you will receive an email with PDF of your tickets.

• 2 months later...

Yes, booked tickets the other day for Hagia Sofia an d Topkapi Palace. Just used hotels address and had no problems, it lets you print out the tickets at the end. If you're using Google Chrome at the right end of the address bar is the 'Translate' button. This helps a lot, ignore that the prices at now shown in you local currency, that's just Google translating the money symbol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have also been trying to buy tickets on the Muze Site for the past several days. My husband and I have tried every Mastercard and Visa we have. We are also getting the error about checking the credit card information. We've been putting in an address of a hotel in Istanbul even though we will not be staying there. Does anybody who has bought tickets recently have any advice as to what we should do? We're getting really frustrated at this point.

I have also been trying to buy tickets on the Muze Site for the past several days. My husband and I have tried every Mastercard and Visa we have. We are also getting the error about checking the credit card information. We've been putting in an address of a hotel in Istanbul even though we will not be staying there. Does anybody who has bought tickets recently have any advice as to what we should do? We're getting really frustrated at this point.

We had no problems using our MasterCard, went through straight away. We are from the UK, don't know if you're from the USA, as I've heard you guys can have problems using your cards abroad and on foreign websites. Have you spoken to your CC provider to see if they're blocking the transaction.

We had no problems using our MasterCard, went through straight away. We are from the UK, don't know if you're from the USA, as I've heard you guys can have problems using your cards abroad and on foreign websites. Have you spoken to your CC provider to see if they're blocking the transaction.

We are from the USA. The error message looks more like it is coming from the Muze site and not the cc. We called one of the cc companies and they couldn't even see that a transaction was going through. We'll try to call again, the customer service person that my husband spoke to the other day did not seem very bright.

Thanks for your quick response.

We found one last MasterCard that we hadn't tried yet - and it went through. We called the credit card company and the charge is pending. However, no email has come with the tickets...(also checked spam folder) and I mistakenly closed the window that popped up after the cc went through. So right now, I'm just hoping that we get an email soon.

We found one last MasterCard that we hadn't tried yet - and it went through. We called the credit card company and the charge is pending. However, no email has come with the tickets...(also checked spam folder) and I mistakenly closed the window that popped up after the cc went through. So right now, I'm just hoping that we get an email soon.

If you go into your browser's recent history you maybe able to get up the last page.

The website seems to be functioning now- so much easier to navigate and use! Quick question- it's asking for my citizenship number… what is that?

Thank you!! :D

You can ignore it, it's for Turkish citizens only.

I had the same thing happen..never got an email, etc, had to file a dispute with my credit card co. and they issued me a refund on my next statement.

I think I am going to have the same problem. I still never got an email, but the charge on my card is still "pending". According to MasterCard, the charge can take up to 48 hours to either go through or get dropped. I'll wait until the charge goes through and if I still haven't received an email, then I'll take it up with the credit card company. I've also sent an email to the contact address on the Muze site, but I don't really think I'll hear back from them.