unusal beverage pack question

Ok we still can't decide if both/ one or none of DH and I will buy the beverage packs. If we do I will get the prem and DH only the select. Now here is my problem/question.

If only I get a package and he pays for beer/ wine or get the select only one will he be able to go to the bar with my card and get my drinks - (I have read that a wondering waiters were in short supply). Is there a chance we would get pulled up doing this.

My brother in law had the ultimate drink package last week. I think that when you take the card and it is swiped that it shows a picture of the person. He would just go to the bar and order and give a drink to my sister every now and then and didn't have any issues.

I've been wondering the same thing. Can DH use my card (with package) to go and pick up a coffee for me in the morning or will they assume that we are sharing the package if I am not the one using the card? The same goes for drinks. We have a preschooler so we often divide and conquer, but I don't want to run into issues if both of us are not there.

Ok we still can't decide if both/ one or none of DH and I will buy the beverage packs. If we do I will get the prem and DH only the select. Now here is my problem/question.

If only I get a package and he pays for beer/ wine or get the select only one will he be able to go to the bar with my card and get my drinks - (I have read that a wondering waiters were in short supply). Is there a chance we would get pulled up doing this.

Hello, fragilek, thank you for your question. As long as DH has your Seapass when he orders your drink, he shouldn't run into any issues. We hope this information helps, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

There is no problem with your husband taking your card to purchase a drink. We were just on the Independance and 4 of us had drink packages and 1 person would take all 4 cards and go to the bar and get drinks. Never had a problem.

Hello, fragilek, thank you for your question. As long as DH has your Seapass when he orders your drink, he shouldn't run into any issues. We hope this information helps, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

I think we would all love to take this answer at face value but we also know that policies seem to vary from ship to ship, even when the "home office" has stated what should be a fleet wide policy (i.e. your reply above). And not that I doubt the credibility of the answer, just that the answer may not apply in practice on all ships. :( If folks on this board have recent experiences that contradict my feelings on this, then my apologies!

Edited by joepeka

Thank you for responding - that will help with my decision as I have mobility issues and would find getting too/from any bar hard.

Now may be you can help with an earlier issue I asked about too. I have assigned my gyt room - when we booked there where no disabled cabins available so we booked gyt- now one has become free in the same cat as I have been assigned so I requested to change as I am a in wheelchair but I have been told that it is large cost to do this as they will cancel my gyt booking and do a new booking at todays cost- This is much higher than when I booked for choosing actual cabin. Others on here have said this should not be the case. Can you clarify for me seems crazy that this cabin is now up for open sale for anyone and I am having to request shower seats and arrange storage for my scooter and be carried/ helped in and out of the room as my wheelchair will not fit.

Edited by fragilek

we just got off the Oasis on Saturday and I was taking mine and my wife's sea pass card to the bar and never had any one question it...tip them DOLLAR OR TWO...and they will pretty much do anything...getting drinks around the pool was never an issue either...plenty of bar folks in the solarium...about once every 10 minutes a bar person would walk by...5 minutes later drinks...I had the royal replenish package and wife had ultimate...and as diamond embers we also go our 3 free drinks from 5 to 8:30...with a drink now costing up to 10 or 12 per drink the drink package is a NO BRAINER...it is very obvious what RCCL is doing when they took all of the drinks up by almost 40%...;)

So far DH and I have had the same package as each other. We will generally get drinks together (lattes, etc...we get Replenish), and then after a full day or so we'll start going on our own with both seapasses. Haven't had an issue ordering for each other yet. Not sure if it's because the employees recognize that we are together (they have AMAZING memories!) or if they really don't care, but it hasn't been an issue.

We just got off the Independence last week (I had Ultimate, DH had select) and the Freedom yesterday (I had the select for the last 3 days, DH decided not to get a package as he was maxed out drink wise). We had no problem week one ordering each others drinks and DH ran to the bar for me multiple times week 2 to grab me a beer and we never had an issue.