Koningsdam confirmed for 10/11 night trips from Port Everglades

LMaxwell

and if I caught correctly that's all they said right? I don't remember hearing anything about specific itineraries...

...although 10-11 days opens up a lot of options

Possibly taking up the Noordam's 10-11 day itineraries ???

Just announced at a Press Conference today at Port Everglades, after an innaugural European season Koningsdam will be sailing 10 and 11 night itineraries from Port Everglades.

There was no doubt in my mind that she would be doing Caribbean cruises out of PE when she was done with some innaugural cruise over in Europe. That's the way Hal does it with their new builds.

Oosterdam is taking over the Noordam's itineraries for 2015-2016.

Certainly pleased to learn that Koningsdam will be doing longer cruises than the tired 7 day itineraries. Now, if the longer cruises would only have some different itineraries from what he have had on both the Zuiderdam and the Noordam for quite some time.

Do agree with RKACruiser - the Caribbean itineraries need a bit of a refurbishment and new additions - maybe Cuba??

New itineraries would be nice but I will take a pass on Cuba. Most people from Canada who have been there on land vacations have only two things to say: beaches are nice and food is terrible. Other than that it is a very under-developed country.

New itineraries would be nice but I will take a pass on Cuba. Most people from Canada who have been there on land vacations have only two things to say: beaches are nice and food is terrible. Other than that it is a very under-developed country.

That's just the reason I woukd like to go to Cuba. I don't think I'd be very happy there for a week.

New locks are supposed to be opening early 2016. Perhaps the partial canal itineraries?

That is one possibility that I was thinking about. But, in my opinion, even those 10/11 day itineraries need to be refreshed.

Edited by rkacruiser

I was told by a HAL official that the Oosterdam was coming to Tampa for the 2016-2017 season and the Veendam was moving elsewhere to expand capacity in Tampa. Oh Happy Day!

Edited by dvcmember

Hope to hear of when and how to book the first TA on the new ship. She has to get over to the Caribbean sometime.:)

Cheers!

The TA are available to book now. Check HAL website. The itineraries up to Oct including TA are now open for booking.

The TA are available to book now. Check HAL website. The itineraries up to Oct including TA are now open for booking.

I often have trouble with HAL's web site. Is the Koningsdam's TA listed? I was under the impression that she was not coming across the pond until later in the Fall.

I was told by a HAL official that the Oosterdam was coming to Tampa for the 2016-2017 season and the Veendam was moving elsewhere to expand capacity in Tampa. Oh Happy Day!

that might be an excuse for me to start doing a cruise or two out of Tampa.

Just announced at a Press Conference today at Port Everglades, after an innaugural European season Koningsdam will be sailing 10 and 11 night itineraries from Port Everglades.

If it takes over the itinerary that the Noordam has been doing and that the Oosterdam will do next year, I would be interested in doing a b2b. Anyway, I know the man who will be Dining Room Manager on the Koningsdam.

that might be an excuse for me to start doing a cruise or two out of Tampa.

I'm couldn't agree more! The one time I sailed out of SD I quite enjoyed. We always come to port city at least a day early and stay a extra day. So much to see and do in SD. Also quite easy and inexpensive to get around. Bring on the Oosterdam PLEASE.

It would be nice if the Veendam started doing the 14 day cruises to Hawaii out of San Diego. I did that on the Statendam and on the Zaandam. I liked those very much.

Do agree with RKACruiser - the Caribbean itineraries need a bit of a refurbishment and new additions - maybe Cuba??

I suspect it may be some time before we see this.

Would the American cruiser "warm up" to Cuba? That remains to be seen.