Serenade or Brilliance

Our Family Vacation/Reunion has been changed from the Bahamas to New England / Canada.

The itineris for Serenade & Brilliance are the same, the departure port is the same, its the same class ship. I am not finding any differences to lean one way or the other.

on a side note... We have never taken a cold/cool weather cruise. Would we benefit from a balcony? if yes, would it be better fwd, mid, aft?

Happy St Patricks Day!!

Thanks in advance

One major difference that not everyone knows about is that Brilliance has shower curtains, while Serenade has doors. We enjoyed both ships, but give me a door anytime. :D

We always take a balcony as it seems like an extension of the room, if you will. Doesn't matter what the weather is doing; in cool weather you can snuggle up in a blankie on your private balcony. :)

Our Family Vacation/Reunion has been changed from the Bahamas to New England / Canada.

The itineris for Serenade & Brilliance are the same, the departure port is the same, its the same class ship. I am not finding any differences to lean one way or the other.

on a side note... We have never taken a cold/cool weather cruise. Would we benefit from a balcony? if yes, would it be better fwd, mid, aft?

Happy St Patricks Day!!

Thanks in advance

Brilliance is sailing from Boston for the 2015 season and Serenade for the 2016 season. They are the same class ship, really just depends if your reunion is this year or next year.

Brilliance is sailing from Boston for the 2015 season and Serenade for the 2016 season. They are the same class ship, really just depends if your reunion is this year or next year.

I knew there was one more difference! Having a blonde moment...

Some want to wait until 2016, some want it this year. I was also considering Grandeur, out of Baltimore... Anthem is might be too big for my mom to feel comfortable.

We have sailed that itinerary twice out of Boston, once on the Jewel and last year on Brilliance. The weather can be cold or beautiful, typical New England. Both times, we went the second week of October. On the Jewel, we had gorgeous weather the whole cruise and my DH was in shorts. This last year on the Brilliance, it was much cooler and rainy.

On both cruises, we used our balcony going in and out of port and at night to star gaze. Others who are not used to the cooler weather would not have liked it. We live just outside Boston, so we were very used to the weather.

My Mom came with us on the Brilliance and loved the Solarium. She swam everyday since it was nice and warm in there because of the roof. There were people in the outside pools but not many.

It is a beautiful itinerary to do, just very different from a Caribbean cruise.

Both are Radiance Class ships, and as such will be nearly identical. As another poster mentioned, the shower doors versus curtains in the cabins is a big plus, but not a deal breaker IMO. Basically it'll just boil down to when you want to go.

Of the two, I've only been on BR, but every cruise I've done on her has been awesome!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

We are scheduled for the Brilliance in April. One thing I believe it is missing, or has been removed, is the illuminated lighted staircase in the atrium between decks 4 and 5. It was there on the Radiance and don't know about the other ships in that class.

While it is in no way a deal breaker, I was looking forward to having a family portrait on it. If someone can confirm this, please let me know, did the Brilliance ever have one? and if it was removed, Why?? I am sure there will be more than enough other places for family portraits.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

We are scheduled for the Brilliance in April. One thing I believe it is missing, or has been removed, is the illuminated lighted staircase in the atrium between decks 4 and 5. It was there on the Radiance and don't know about the other ships in that class.

While it is in no way a deal breaker, I was looking forward to having a family portrait on it. If someone can confirm this, please let me know, did the Brilliance ever have one? and if it was removed, Why?? I am sure there will be more than enough other places for family portraits.

I believe those staircases get removed when the old Centrum Bar is converted into the R Bar. The only one that should still have it is Jewel, she hasn't been renovated yet.

I'm actually pretty excited about that, since she'll still have the Seaview Cafe when I'm on her in May!

I believe those staircases get removed when the old Centrum Bar is converted into the R Bar. The only one that should still have it is Jewel, she hasn't been renovated yet... I'm actually pretty excited about that, since she'll still have the Seaview Cafe when I'm on her in May!

Correct on both points! I missed the staircase when we sailed on Serenade after the refurb. Not only was it beautiful for pictures but also functional. I mean, going "all the way around" is not a big deal but I thought it added a little "somethin' somethin'" to the Centrum area. :)

I am a Diamond plus member and been on 48 cruises. Our favorite class of ships were the Radiance class. We were on Brilliance a couple of times prior to the last cruise we took. We HATED Brilliance, and if it was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean, we would never sail with them again. We will be on Serenade in about a month, and hope it is better. Good luck