A Few Quick Questions for Those Recently on Liberty

I have a few quick questions. My husband, two sons and I will be on the Liberty in early June for a 9-night cruise out of Bayonne, NJ (so excited!!). We will have two rooms: a balcony room for us and a promenade room directly across the hall for our sons. I wondered a few things:

1. What dispensers do they have in the shower? Soap? Shampoo? Conditioner?

2. Are there robes in the room?

3. Are the safes the kind where you enter a code or swipe a card with a magnetic strip?

4. I am pretty sure I read there is a hair dryer in the room. Can you please confirm.

5. Are there any things you wished you had taken that you didn’t?

6. Any hints about the ship you would like to share?

Thanks so much.

Judy

I have a few quick questions. My husband, two sons and I will be on the Liberty in early June for a 9-night cruise out of Bayonne, NJ (so excited!!). We will have two rooms: a balcony room for us and a promenade room directly across the hall for our sons. I wondered a few things:

JUST A SHAMPOO/CONDITIONOR COMBO. I BROUGHT MY OWN EVERYTHING

I AM PLATINUM. THERE WAS A CRIWN AND ANCHOR ROBE FOR ME.

3. Are the safes the kind where you enter a code or swipe a card with a magnetic strip? NUMBER CODE

4. I am pretty sure I read there is a hair dryer in the room. Can you please confirm.HAIR DRYER WAS IN THE DRAWER

NOPE.

TRY THE SHOWS. THEY WERE MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGT THEY'D BE

Thanks so much.

Judy

Sorry for the shouty caps. I'm typing on my phone and can't change the color too easily. I just got off Saturday. Be prepared for expensive drinks. That's my only real complaint. I'll be going out of Bayonne in august on liberty.

Sorry for the shouty caps. I'm typing on my phone and can't change the color too easily. I just got off Saturday. Be prepared for expensive drinks. That's my only real complaint. I'll be going out of Bayonne in august on liberty.

Can you tell me who was the Activity Manager on board with you last week?

Just off Liberty yesterday...

Just one dispenser shampoo/conditioner all in one. Very average.

No

3. Are the safes the kind where you enter a code or swipe a card with a magnetic strip?

Code

4. I am pretty sure I read there is a hair dryer in the room. Can you please confirm.

Yes in drawer

Magnets/magnetic hooks came in handy, power strip for sure.

You can get off the ship your final day either forward or aft...everybody goes to windjammer for breakfast at the aft then down to exit so there is a much bigger line there than if you exit directly under the forward elevators at that gangway...however then once off the ship you will "merge" lines and people in the back won't understand why you are "budging" in line (from their perspective) when there is a huge line behind them that they just waited in because they didn't read the cruise compass or didn't choose to walk to the forward gangway to exit the ship so be ready for snotty comments from those who don't understand the merge process.

On this 4 day cruise when is or do they have a formal night? Im trying to schedule Chops but don't want to miss Lobster night. Thanks!!

Im new to posting so I hope I've done this correctly:)

I don't eat lobster but my Husband does and the lobster was so small that it took about two bites to eat it, nothing like they use to serve in the dining room, you can purchase a real lobster in the dining room for 29.95

There is a hair dryer but both my daughter and I thought it was terrible! Had to keep your thumb depressed on a button to keep it operating and it was very weak even for someone without thick hair. She has long thick hair and gave up on it - used the balcony breeze to dry her hair!

Sugestion for the hair dryer....take a rubberband with you. Wrap it around the ON button and the dryer will stay on while you dry/style your hair....at least it will give you some flexibility without holding down the button.

Sugestion for the hair dryer....take a rubberband with you. Wrap it around the ON button and the dryer will stay on while you dry/style your hair....at least it will give you some flexibility without holding down the button.

Ha! That's a great idea - just one week too late for me but I'll know for next time!

Pretty sure it's just junior suites and up... I think you'd have trouble fitting 2 loungers on a standard balcony.

I guess I'll just stand out there and relax. Gives me an excuse for my next cruise to book a junior suite.

I don't eat lobster but my Husband does and the lobster was so small that it took about two bites to eat it, nothing like they use to serve in the dining room, you can purchase a real lobster in the dining room for 29.95

Good to know. Can't we order two lobster tails? They will allow that won't they?

They didn't have lobster on our 4 night cruise, Did on the 7 day.

The promenade view was neat, great place to watch the parades and shows.

Go see Saturday Night Fever, great show, no advance tickets, show up 30 minutes before showtime. The other shows were ok, the ice show requires advance tickets, but also can just walk in.

I don't use the safes, but they are there in the closet.

If you want to skip Chops, you can get the chops steak in the MDR. We ate in the MDR every night, had great wait teams!