Off the ship in Melbourne - time?

Hi there, I have a(nother) newbie question for you all.

I've booked a little 2 day cruise Syd-Mel for myself and son for his birthday.

According to the itinerary the ship arrives in Port Melbourne at 7am. It leaves again at 4pm that day. What do you think will be the latest time we can disembark?

Melbourne is home for us so we have nothing better to do than stay on the ship as long as possible. I'm hoping for a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR at the very least!

(Ship is the Golden Princess if that makes a difference.)

Many thanks

Claire

You have to be out of your cabin by 8 am. And they probably have you all off the ship by 10 or 11 am at the latest.

Breakfast on get off the ship day in both MDR and buffet is very busy. They will probably try and move you along. Its a busy day for crew. Lots to do on turn-around-day.

Edited by icat2000

I'm usually off by about 9:30, when we did a b2b they were getting a bit stroppy about chasing people off by about 10:00, they want to start boarding new passengers by about 11:00 and want/need a zero count before they start boarding the next cruise.

We chose the latest time for disembarking one time, and the room stewards were banging on the door from about 7.30. We were saying we had a later check out time, but they said we needed to be out by 8am. There was nothing to tell us this on the paperwork that we saw back then, but I have noticed lately they are much clearer about the times they want you out of the room.

I don't have an issue with them being busy and having schedules, our only issue back then was we didn't know! We thought a 9.30 time on our tags meant we were to leave our room just before then. Live and learn!

The cruise line will distribute luggage tags and a form to fill in for your disembarkation in Melbourne. As such you will need to put your big bags out before retiring the previous night. You will be given an out of cabin time by on the returned advice (which will be early). You should then do breakfast with your hand baggage and disembark at the assigned time from the assigned public area . You will find it all very well organized .

As Golden will be doing a same day turnaround in Melbourne the crew are under extreme pressure to disembark 2000 + guests, make hundreds of beds and cabins up and start boarding 2000 + new guests for the next cruise later that morning .

Edited by kuldalai

The cruise line will distribute luggage tags and a form to fill in for your disembarkation in Melbourne. As such you will need to put your big bags out before retiring the previous night.

You do have the option of carrying your luggage off yourself on morning of disembarking.

You do have the option of carrying your luggage off yourself on morning of disembarking.

As this is a 2 nighter, I would think the OP may well be doing self-disembarkation, with jut carry on luggage.

You will still need to be out of the cabin pretty early though and sometimes can't even use your sea card for last minute coffees etc.