Table for two

richncarol

I find those tables for two that are inches from another table uncomfortable.

I can hear the other people talking, as they are just inches away, and I am not sure if I should speak to them and converse or pretend that I cannot hear every word they say.

Like a few others said i think you have to wait until you get on the ship. Our last table for two was so close together it felt like we were almost sitting on the other guest laps. Now we just do the Steakhouse 3 or 4 nights and whatever the rest of the cruise.

I can hear the other people talking, as they are just inches away, and I am not sure if I should speak to them and converse or pretend that I cannot hear every word they say.

People visualize 2 tops away from each other, but the ones I've been at were small square ones in a line. One side had a chair, the other was sofa style with a low seat.

We had anytime dining on the Dream last week. We ended up asking for the same server each night and her tables for two were spaced equally as far as the rest of the tables. I believe she only had 2 of these in her section. There may be other sections with rows of tables for two, but this was our experience. :)

People visualize 2 tops away from each other, but the ones I've been at were small square ones in a line. One side had a chair, the other was sofa style with a low seat.

Exactly this. You can request a 2 top from John Heald on Facebook or on the ship around 2:30, embarkation day. I always request one SOLELY because you get faster service. I have had a lot of fun at my random tables, it just takes too long!

Was hoping I could do it before hand rather then get on that line

You can. We did it for our February cruise aboard the Sunshine. We contacted the maitre d' about a month before we sailed and he responded within the half hour, which was a pleasant surprise.

If you do a search here, you should be able to find a thread with the email address of your ship's maitre d'.

As others have noted though, be prepared for a table that is only technically a table for two. Our table for two was just a few inches away from the table for six beside us. :)

The dining room is only so big and only holds so many tables. As more and more people request tables for two, they have no place to add them so they just move the tables a few inches aprt and say " here you go ". We always get a table for two on the upper floor right at the rail overlooking the lower level. That way there is no other table right next to you, they are back to back.

The dining room is only so big and only holds so many tables. As more and more people request tables for two, they have no place to add them so they just move the tables a few inches aprt and say " here you go ". We always get a table for two on the upper floor right at the rail overlooking the lower level. That way there is no other table right next to you, they are back to back.

"Your" table sounds fantastic! Did you request this?

Exactly, look at a table for two before bothering. In some cases I feel you are closer to the person at the next table than if they had been seated at an 8 top with you.

I am often at those tables. If you talk to me, I am good with that. If not, I am not offended as I will assume you wanted to have a private dinner with your significant other. Sometimes my husband and I talk and sometimes we don't. It is OK to talk enough to get a feel for the mood you and others are in. We have some great conversations that way and meet some very nice people without the commitment of being at the same table with the same people every night. Enjoy!