Newbie technical questions about FTTF

crazy4themouse

We already know we want FTTF -- it would be totally worth it to us. I'm just wondering about how far ahead, historically, FTTF opens up for reservations? And maybe more importantly, how do you know it's open??

I found FTTF in excursions, kind of a back-door way. There's a button on the right that says "Ready to reserve? Get started." Then I have to log in, then it takes me to My Cruise Manager. I hit the shore excursions button from there, it takes me to the shore excursions page, where the little thingy in the middle just spins but never loads. I can't pick a port or anything.

I have to go back to the home page, back to Plan, back to excursions, and then find FTTF saved in my favorites... then I'm back to the "get started" button and the fun recycles. This is on two different computers, a smart phone, and three different browsers. What on earth am I doing wrong?? Once FTTF opens, will that "get started" button take me to a totally different screen than what I'm getting now?

Any help appreciated! :o

-gina-

We booked about 10-12 months in advance. I watched constantly for it to open up. You should be logged into carnival, and manage your cruise and click on "my booking". Click "book excursions". Choose the port you leave from from the drop down menu. It should be there along with "home port advisory". I just did it on my iPad, and it says "sold out".

When do you cruise? If it's too far in advance it may just not be there yet.

We booked about 10-12 months in advance. I watched constantly for it to open up. You should be logged into carnival, and manage your cruise and click on "my booking". Click "book excursions". Choose the port you leave from from the drop down menu. It should be there along with "home port advisory". I just did it on my iPad, and it says "sold out".

When do you cruise? If it's too far in advance it may just not be there yet.

That is exactly what I'm doing -- and that's where I'm getting the excursion page that never finishes loading. Can't pick a port or anything. That's why I had to go through the back-door way to even get to FTTF.

Our cruise is next February.

I guess I should call them, see if they can help me figure this out...

Update: I just called them, and the very nice lady told me that it will indeed look like the page is still loading if the excursions just aren't available yet. I swear, Carnival and Royal Caribbean must use the same IT people, lol.

Thanks, both of you, for the guidance!

Edited by crazy4themouse

It sounds like the excursions for your cruise are not loaded yet. The thing just keeps spinning and nothing is there. You can ask the folks on the Roll Call for your specific cruise if they are also seeing the same thing.

Then you'll know that you just have to wait for them to load the excursions or if it is just a problem for your own computer.

You either have a slow connection speed or something is wrong with your browser. I just checked it and it loads up fine for me. You can always call them to check for FTTF.

I just got two of them for our cruise in May. I was checking the website about 20 times a day and then someone posted on Cruise Critic that it opened up and I got two. You just have to keep checking. I wish you the best of luck.

I used FTTF on my last Triumph cruise. IIRC, it became available about nine months out. Since you're at less than a year I'd recommend checking daily from this point forward just in case it opens up sooner than that.

That is exactly what I'm doing -- and that's where I'm getting the excursion page that never finishes loading. Can't pick a port or anything. That's why I had to go through the back-door way to even get to FTTF.

Our cruise is next February.

I guess I should call them, see if they can help me figure this out...

Update: I just called them, and the very nice lady told me that it will indeed look like the page is still loading if the excursions just aren't available yet. I swear, Carnival and Royal Caribbean must use the same IT people, lol.

Thanks, both of you, for the guidance!

I used FTTF on my last Triumph cruise. IIRC, it became available about nine months out. Since you're at less than a year I'd recommend checking daily from this point forward just in case it opens up sooner than that.

I'm experiencing the same thing on a Jan, 2016 cruise.

When I contacted Carnival, I was told shore excursions can be viewed on the "exploring" page (does work) but not booked until about 275 days (about 9 months) out from cruise.

If that is correct, I have about 25 days yet before the booking page will work.

Edited by lizardhowson