Catholic priest on Oct5th Venice Grand Princess cruise?

j802

Just wondering if anyone knows if there will be a Catholic priest to say masses (perhaps travelling with a Catholic tour group??) on the Oct5th cruise from Venice on the Grand Princess?

Also interested in info about getting to the House of the Virgin Mary in Kusadesi. Apparently they have 10am masses on Sundays. Would we have time to get back for 1pm departure (assuming Mass ends at 11ish)?

Thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Since no one has answered with complete certainty, I will respond with what I believe is the correct information:

I believe that, on Princess ships, on shorter cruises, the only time a Catholic priest is on board to say Mass is when the cruise falls over a major holy day of obligation; i.e. Christmas, Easter, Ash Wednesday. When they are on board, they generally say Mass everyday. We did have a priest on board for the entire length of our 30 night Sapphire Princess cruise last fall; however, we did not have a priest on board either our Sun or Grand Princess cruises (10 and 7 nights).

Some cruise lines (such as Celebrity) have a priest on board most sailings, from the Apostleship at Sea program, but I don't think Princess uses that program, but arranges for priests to be on board for those holy days.

JMB, you may be right. I really haven't paid too much attention. However, I believe there's a priest to say Mass on Sundays. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't.

J802 -- I loved the House of the Virgin Mary and the tomb where St. Paul is buried. Yes, he's really buried there. It made a very deep impression on me.

On the Grand sailing 25th July 05 an appeal was made in the Princess Patter for someone to conduct a Sunday service. I actually went to the pursers desk to ask whether anyone had come forward and was told that, sadly, no one had.

Laura

Archived