Birthday gift ideas on cruise?

BubMunkeyBles

My friend who is cruising with me has a birthday right after our cruise. I was hoping to do something for her birthday. Not sure what. I'm considering paying for her 3 specialty dining package but also considering other options. Is there a way to order her a cake? I didn't see anything on Celebrity's website. Just trying to brainstorm because our cruise is creeping up and I leave in just over 3 weeks for Florida.

I have seen cakes in the Main Dining Room, but I think it would be better to have a word with the Maitre De when you get on board.

You can also decorate the outside of the suite door. You could even decorate the suite. Magnets are great for sticking things up on the walls as the walls are metal. We take loads of fridge magnets with us and sticky tape.

Depending on your budget, you could consider a spa treatment. Photos or photo cd but they are quite expensive. In the gift shop they do souvenirs of the ship, some cheap, some expensive. Wait till near the end of the cruise as they usually have a sale, don't know if this is true for short cruises.

Enjoy

Spa treatment is a great idea...or mani/pedi in the salon, day in Persian Gardens if not already a perk, , .also Michael Kors or other nice handbags sold on board, jewelry...precious or costume...perfume, wine, treat to elegant tea or specialty restaurant.....don't know your friend, relationship or budget but there is something there to select for sure.

can also get cake in dining rm day she is celebrating the b day!

have fun and hope friend has happy b-day

My cruising buddy has her birthday while onboard. I am bringing a small present in my suitcase and I am hoping to find some stuff at a dollar store to decorate the cabin and maybe a tiera or banner for her to wear (even though she would kill me). I wish Celebrity offered room decorations like Carnival does.

Laura

Celebrity does offer room decorations as well as floral arrangements, birthday cakes, and a Birthday gift box with lots of goodies. On Celebrity's website, look under the already booked tab- gifts by celebrity. If you call them verses ordering online they can and will arrange just about anything.

Celebrity does offer room decorations as well as floral arrangements, birthday cakes, and a Birthday gift box with lots of goodies. On Celebrity's website, look under the already booked tab- gifts by celebrity. If you call them verses ordering online they can and will arrange just about anything.

I looked before and saw no room decorations. I will look again.

Laura

Go to gifts by celebrity under already booked tab, click gifts by celebrity delivery aboard, click gift ideas, then click celebrations. Just like the previous poster said- it is best to call them. We arraigned stateroom decorations for my Sister for her bday on a cruise we weren't attending. Celebrity did a great job but I called to make the arrangements and did not book online.

I checked this but I see no mention of room decorations. Am I blind?

Laura

When I provided my link, it was in part to help you with ideas for a birthday present, but knowing that there was a link that would take you to the catalog. Of course, after seeing your comment, I went and tested it myself and the link did not open the catalog.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/amenity/Final_Celebrity_CVG_35036_4-2-09.pdf

PDF of catalog, not sure if link copied right off my phone.

Thanks for this!