RCI won't let me combine VISA points for a free cruise???

My DH & I both have BOA RCI Visas. Several years ago we were able to combine our certificates and have enough points (125k) for a free cruise.

We're looking at taking a last minute cruise (5/3 Adventure of the Seas) and when I called Royal I was told the FULL 125K points has to come from ONE CARD??? I have 123K and DH has 40K.

Is this true?

Since we will both be on the cruise, shouldn't we be able to use ALL our points?

anyone have any experience with this?

We're going on a cruise...problem SOLVED!!!

IF I wanted to use 125k point for a free cruise, it WOULD have to come from 1 card, AND the price would be on the base price for an OV cabin, which is currently $1724.00

IF I cash in 100k points I can get $1000 credit towards ANY cabin on ANY cruise.

With the sale that is going on now, I was able to book a D3 for $1032 plus taxes for a total of $1160.12. I will then be credited back $1000 for a total of $160.12!!!

DH will cash in 40K points for $400 of OBC!

Southern Caribbean here we COME!!!

Edited by 01Sweetpea

Its in the terms and conditions

You can use points from 2 different cards for rewards on the same cruise as long as the # of points are on the card for the reward. For example we use rewards from 2 different cards for obc on the same cruise

Glad it worked out

Edited by setsail

When I locked in my Oct 2015 Freedom cruise, I was able to cash out for $1250 toward the BOGOHO price. If I wanted to use the "free cruise for two" it would be against the "regular" price (which was maybe about $1600 per person for an OV) and I would have ended up with a worse deal.

Overall I didn't make out too bad . . . about $500 out of pocket for a balcony.

Jerry

Manassas VA

We're going on a cruise...problem SOLVED!!!

IF I wanted to use 125k point for a free cruise, it WOULD have to come from 1 card, AND the price would be on the base price for an OV cabin, which is currently $1724.00

IF I cash in 100k points I can get $1000 credit towards ANY cabin on ANY cruise.

With the sale that is going on now, I was able to book a D3 for $1032 plus taxes for a total of $1160.12. I will then be credited back $1000 for a total of $160.12!!!

DH will cash in 40K points for $400 of OBC!

Southern Caribbean here we COME!!!

That is how you do it.....good.

They have changed things a lot. You can't use your points for the prices on the website, for the "free" cruises. They have "special" standard prices. That are inflated greatly.

That is why I now use the Barclay's card I get double points for all use and it's hassle free when I go to use them. If it's going to be dollar for dollar at least I get double points for every purchase. The RCL Visa was a great deal when you could use it for a 7 night cruise that would have cost $1900, and you got it for 125,000 points

Edited by rt1092

We have had a RC Visa for almost 2 years and haven't redeemed points yet. What is the best way to go about redeeming the points - through the B of A rewards site, or our TA? This is good info to know that in many cases the credit is a better deal than the free cruise... Thanks!

You may have your reasons to have separate cards in your own names, but DW and I avoided this problem by having two cards issued on one account. Then all the points go into one place and we get better perks from doing more business on a single account... FWIW it's an Aeroplan Infinite Visa card.