How long before sail date are documents normally issued.

kernow

We are sailing on Splendour in 26 days and our documents have still not been issued yet. We have been fully paid up for a while and I have printed set sail passes.

I've called C and A and the guy said that they had been requested on 6th March but he could see they were not issued. He put me on hold and went away to check, when he came back he said he had re requested them but they can take up to 2 weeks to be issued and not to worry. I can't remember ever getting them so late before, has anyone else had this problem?

I wouldn't be so bothered but as this is a TA, we have booked flights, transfers and one night pre cruise with RCL and will need to print off the vouchers for these.

Thanks,

Julie

We are sailing on Splendour in 26 days and our documents have still not been issued yet. We have been fully paid up for a while and I have printed set sail passes.

I've called C and A and the guy said that they had been requested on 6th March but he could see they were not issued. He put me on hold and went away to check, when he came back he said he had re requested them but they can take up to 2 weeks to be issued and not to worry. I can't remember ever getting them so late before, has anyone else had this problem?

I wouldn't be so bothered but as this is a TA, we have booked flights, transfers and one night pre cruise with RCL and will need to print off the vouchers for these.

Thanks,

Julie

Do you have choice air? It takes longer for the Docs to be issued with choice air. Normally the Docs are issued at 49 days.

We don't have choice air in the UK but have booked the flights with RCL. I don't think the flights are a problem as I already have the flight booking reference and can see them on British Airways site.

I know I don't need the documents to check in for the cruise but need them for the vouchers for the transfers and the hotel.

Others on our roll call have their documents including some from the UK with similar flights. I think I'll just have to wait a few days and if there is still nothing try calling again. I just wondered if anyone else had this happen recently.

Documents? I thought you can just show up with your sail passes and your passport and your on. I was just on carnival and that's all I had.

You have to complete your online checkin (which can be done at about 90 days out) before your Set Sail (boarding pass) can be issued.

Once you complete your online check-in and it gets to about 49 days out you will be able to print your Set Sail Pass and your luggage tags.

You had to do the same thing on Carnival......

For our cruise last March, my DH & I had all our Docs & luggage tags 4 months before our cruise yet my SIL never did get hers for the 2nd cruise. She got their Set Sail pass.We were doing 3 cruises with a 9 day gab between cruise 1 & 2 then b2b. I solved the problem by going in and printing out additional luggage tags for them and placing new dates and their name on the tags since they weren't changing rooms. I never went back online after we left for Sydney, Australia to see if they ever showed up.

Edited by Desert Cruizers