Microwaves in Dawn Inside cabins?

michaellasdad

LOL - Yea, for some reason the safe never warms anything up!

Harriet

We had one in our closet as below but I could never get it to work despite my best efforts. I complained to guest services on numerous occasion but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

hrgfn5.jpg

I wasn't asking for heating up food, I suffer from cluster headaches and I have a scented bean bag thing that I put in my microwave when I get a headache that helps it go away, Thank you for all the replies:)

You might contact NCL in advance (the dept. that deals with medical issues) and see if there's a way you can arrange on board for the bag to be microwaved for you and delivered to your cabin. (Or ask at Guest Services or the Medical Office when you board. Maybe bring a note from your doctor.) Some years ago when I was traveling for business I had something that needed to be microwaved in my hotels and the staff picked it up from my room, microwaved it, and brought it back to my room.

The worst that can happen if you ask is that you'll be told they can't do it.

In any event, I hope you have a wonderful and headache-free cruise!

When I was on a cruise on another line, I sat at and officer's table for dinner and he told us this story, he was the safety officer. He was sent to the cabin of a very upset passenger and when he got there the passenger was yelling up a storm. The officer finally calmed him down and found out that the issue was he was very upset that he kept putting his cheese sandwich in the microwave and pushed the buttons, but it didn't warm his sandwich. The officer, with a straight face, had to tell him it was the safe, not a microwave.

You might contact NCL in advance (the dept. that deals with medical issues) and see if there's a way you can arrange on board for the bag to be microwaved for you and delivered to your cabin. (Or ask at Guest Services or the Medical Office when you board. Maybe bring a note from your doctor.) Some years ago when I was traveling for business I had something that needed to be microwaved in my hotels and the staff picked it up from my room, microwaved it, and brought it back to my room.

Thank you for the tip, I will contact NCL and see if they can do that for me.:)

I would doubt they would allow a microwave in a cabin, because of safety concerns.

OP might want to try asking the Room Steward if he/she could warm it up or stop by the Blue Lagoon and see if they could help.

I was told by the butler that there were no microwaves on the ship ANYWHERE....also wanting to heat up a rice bag to ease back discomfort...

Well, I know that the Garden Villa on the Dawn has a microwave. Well at least the Horizon Villa, 14000 does, not sure about 14500.