Canadian vs. U.S. Prices

Vict0riann

And I get emails from CC with "Price drops". However those sites don't add in the port fees.

So, all in all, converting the present price for an "N" as an example, per SilvertoGold, and the prices I find here in Canadian, the US total is $1,185, which converts to to C$1,481, quite a lot more than the price here in Canada in Canadian dollars, which is C$1,269.13. Go, Canada! (Go down, that is..:D)

Ann

Not a bad deal in CND. (I see Princess pricing is better for Canadians right now, at least for the cruises I am looking at.)

We very, very seldom find a USD price on HAL that is worth paying the exchange on plus the credit card exchange fee (2.5%).

Hope you get the Volendam cruise! Nice ship, good itinerary, really bad price right now!

[beginQUOTE=Vict0riann;46063163]Thanks, SilvertoGold, that's what I was looking for. :) On the fishy site it said 949, but I didn't know if it included the port fees; I guess it didn't!

I wonder why the fees are even higher for Americans than Canadians?[/endQUOTE]

====

I believe Fishy site includes Port Fees. It does not include Taxes.

SFO Peter

======

I didn't realize you could do that, I thought it was just to use as a "down payment". Do you do it purely for the extra OBC?

I am glad I pointed out that you can use your FCD for bookings after Final payment!

Yes, we buy the FCD/FCC purely for the OBC!

The OBC is also the reason we purchase FCDs. The deposit isn't that big of a deal since we have to pay the whole thing at some point.

I just want to remind you of a risk here. I am not sure when HAL re does their hedging for their foreign currency (and I am sure that I will be told I am us9ng the wrong term) but about every three months or so they adjust the Canadian pricing as they "protect" themselves in the markets.]

If you wait too long you might find that the Canadian pricing has skyrocketed and it might not be worth the saving of an FCD.

I think they adjust pricing toward the end of March/mid April but that's only what I have been told. food for thought.

The pricing right now does not reflect the real exchange rate.

It's why we booked now rather than wait for a ZPM promotion, but I have no crystal ball.

We very, very seldom find a USD price on HAL that is worth paying the exchange on plus the credit card exchange fee (2.5%)

There are now credit cards in Canada that don't charge the 2.5% foreign exchange fee. They only charge the rate of exchange at the time of the transaction.

Well, we don't have an FCD to use right now, so will have to wait until we are on board to make a decision, anyway, and we'll just have to hope they haven't adjusted the Canadian price upward. We did plan to wait until the last minute, and look for a really good deal. It was just to be sociable!:) So, if we decide against it, it's no big deal. We have been to Alaska before, by ship and car. Not that you can ever go too often! (Except for the mosquitoes!)

I just want to remind you of a risk here. I am not sure when HAL re does their hedging for their foreign currency (and I am sure that I will be told I am us9ng the wrong term) but about every three months or so they adjust the Canadian pricing as they "protect" themselves in the markets.]

If you wait too long you might find that the Canadian pricing has skyrocketed and it might not be worth the saving of an FCD.

I think they adjust pricing toward the end of March/mid April but that's only what I have been told. food for thought.

The pricing right now does not reflect the real exchange rate.

It's why we booked now rather than wait for a ZPM promotion, but I have no crystal ball.

For our next 2016 Eurodam cruise, HAL adjusted the Canadian exchange rate in mid-January 201,about 2 weeks after we booked. We bought some FCD on our Westerdam cruise and had hoped to have it applied to the Eurodam cruise (as per our PCC suggestion).

When we returned we were told it wasn't possible because of some date discrepancies. The only way to use them was to rebook, starting from scratch. Except when we booked we got the SBP and with the higher exchange rate, we would pay more and loose the drink package. So, we have to wait to use the FCD for another cruise.

HAL's exchange rate is definitely better than what you get on a credit card.