Celebrity Silhouette Propulsion System...

Bo1953

... is it repaired, yet? I have read about a recent cruise where ports were missed due to this and wondered if anyone knows if this has been addressed or will be addressed soon?

TIA... bo1953

The propulsion system was repaired several months ago.

I haven't heard of any ports being missed lately due to mechanical problems. There is a review someone posted about their B2B on the Silhouette and they didn't mention anything.

Edited by C-Dragons

The propulsion system was repaired several months ago.

I haven't heard of any ports being missed lately due to mechanical problems. There is a review someone posted about their B2B on the Silhouette and they didn't mention anything.

I was on a B2B in January and it was fine. They not only replaced the engine, but made it so that they don't need to do a dry dock if they need to service or repair the new engine. Also resurfaced the stage and made some cosmetic repairs. They show a video on the ship detailing the dry dock. I spoke to the Captain who told me that he was very satisfied at the results of the dry dock.

DF recently sailed on the Silhouette and said the ship was rocky and could feel the vibration.

We just returned from a 3/22 to 3/29 cruise on the Silhouette, and yes, did feel the rocking and vibration on most all decks, some more than others. I think I'm extra sensitive to the movement (wore my patch constantly), but even my DH said he felt it too.

Cathy