Check your early saving booking!!!! Huge price drop!!

rene194215

I booked at the beginning of March for our November cruise (OV)....The price has gone up, up, up!! Glad I booked when we did...still holding out hope it will go down!!... It's almost $150 more PP currently than what I paid. My parents suite has gone down though!!

Thank you.. They are really making me work for it this time. Received a 3rd rejection through the link provided in this thread but also a response from the email you just provided saying they need 48 hours to review so we will see..

I submitted the form this afternoon for a $60 fare drop on my Nov 28th cruise and got a denial email within about a hour or so. They must have been asleep on the "NO" button because I did meet the criteria and the price drop was valid. I double checked the price drop on the fare finder site ($60 total for both of us), then called the 800 number in the denial email. She checked on her computer and granted the price difference. Instead of OBC she re-booked at the lower fare and put back my $100 on-board booking OBC bonus.

I read that some people lost their OBC when they got a fare drop approved. That shouldn't be right. What if you had OBC from a previous fare drop? Were those people who lost their OBC past final payment, I wonder?

Even though I'm still almost a year out I decided to check for a drop on my Magic cruise when I got up this morning. Glad I did. Saw a drop of $155 and got it approved less than five minutes after I submitted the form. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Our price went down $20 a cabin for our July 19th sailing on the Magic. We have 3 cabins in the 4G Category - 2 doubles and 1 triple.

I got confirmation within about 30 minutes on the 2 doubles, but still haven't on the triple.

Just curious if anyone know if I will get it - when I look on the fare viewer, it shows a price on the 4G and it's dropped $20 from when we booked, but when I go through a mock booking, there are not any triples coming up as available on the deck that we are booked on. Does that mean that we won't be the price drop?

Not that it's a huge deal, but if that's the case, I'll just quit looking for drops on the triple.

Thanks!

Go onto the Carnival website. There is a quick check option right on the home page.

Well, just color me stupid cause I don't see a 'Quick Check' option....Are you talking about doing a full mock booking? You would think I would know this but I always travel at 'peak' times and the few times I did a 'mock' booking during those times, the costs were much higher than I paid. Thank you for your info AND patience :)

Edited to say....Nevermind, I found it ;)

Edited by mamieof3

Just got a nice little price drop (match) for our spa balcony cabin trip in Oct. The fare dropped $40 ($20 p/p) but they gave us each $50 obc.

The sale ends May 10th so if you're booked in a spa cabin, this is your moment to pounce!

:p

From Carnival fare viewer:

Mother's Day Sale - Spa cabins - Get great rates plus up to $100 onboard credit on select spa cabins when you book by May 10th.