Grand vista suites

gizmodog

We have an aft vista suite on the grand booked for Alaska, I have been reading such bad reviews on that ship lately and am somewhat concerned as this is our first full suite experience. Does anyone out there have personal knowledge on one of these suites? Are they still nice or very used looking? Hopefully the beds art comfy and is there a glass enclosed shower? I need some good news, hope there is some.

We have an aft vista suite on the grand booked for Alaska, I have been reading such bad reviews on that ship lately and am somewhat concerned as this is our first full suite experience. Does anyone out there have personal knowledge on one of these suites? Are they still nice or very used looking? Hopefully the beds art comfy and is there a glass enclosed shower? I need some good news, hope there is some.

We have been in D736 & D737 several times and found them to be fine. Yes there is a glass shower as well as a jacuzzi tub.

Mike:)

Are you on Emerald Deck or Dolphin Deck? We had E-733 and heard noise from the deck below but it was over just about 10:15 every night, so not really a problem.

The only problem we had with this cabin is all the creaking, moaning and groaning that the ship made in high winds and decent-sized waves. That got annoying. The suite itself is beautiful and the hallway is very quiet.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Are you on Emerald Deck or Dolphin Deck? We had E-733 and heard noise from the deck below but it was over just about 10:15 every night, so not really a problem.

The only problem we had with this cabin is all the creaking, moaning and groaning that the ship made in high winds and decent-sized waves. That got annoying. The suite itself is beautiful and the hallway is very quiet.

Wow, even though E-733 is not over the stage, you could hear the noise from the lounge from below??????????

We are in that suite on the Golden next week. Hoping it will be OK since my DH usually goes to sleep or tryes to @ around 10:00:eek:

Thanks for the info

Sorry, it was grim 6 years ago and from what I've heard and seen, unfortunately its worse! No privacy, cameras everywhere!

Sorry, it was grim 6 years ago and from what I've heard and seen, unfortunately its worse! No privacy, cameras everywhere!
I have no idea what Tom is talking about. We were on her for 10 days last year. We were in a Window Suite, not one of the aft Suites. The mattress was the original one from when the WS were added in 2011 but it was very comfortable and with the pillow top you could not feel the joint where the two twin beds meet. We found all of the public spaces to be in good condition, the service in the DR very good and we enjoyed Alfredo's.

Our friends were upgraded to an Emerald deck Vista Suite and found the wake noise to be excessive at times on the balcony. We have been one deck up in one of the Dolphin deck Vista Suites and had no issue with wake noise or any other noise. The Dolphin deck balconies are a bit larger than the Emerald deck balconies.

Edited by IECalCruiser

We'll be on the Grand in a Dolphin deck Vista suite in November (going to Hawaii) and sure hope all is well. Seems like the recent reports have been saying that there are leaks all over the ship with buckets collecting drips, blowers drying carpet and mold/mildew growing. Sounds nasty - I'm hoping it's exaggerated and/or Princess will get these issues fixed soon. :confused:

We sailed in D736 on the Grand. This was the only time I'd sailed on the same ship more than once. Suite was great.

We did a t-shirt and jeans cruise. Ate all meals in the room (ordered from the MDR menu) except for two nights when we had Ultimate Balcony Dining outside. The ship seemed to be in fine shape to me.

Photos here:

Edited by john_galt

Wow, even though E-733 is not over the stage, you could hear the noise from the lounge from below??????????

We are in that suite on the Golden next week. Hoping it will be OK since my DH usually goes to sleep or tryes to @ around 10:00:eek:

Thanks for the info

It's over the Vista Lounge and you can definitely hear it. The wake noise is quite loud too. I think if you were 1 or more decks higher (obviously 2+ decks would be in a different category), the noise wouldn't be so loud.

It's all about your sensitivity to noise. Admittedly, we are sensitive to noise. The creaking, bashing, moaning and groaning of the ship bothered us more than any of the other sounds.

It's a gorgeous suite and as long as you're aware of potential noises, you're going in with your eyes open and will most likely have a fantastic time!

To us, and everyone is different, we enjoy the creaking, etc. It's all part of the being on a ship experience and part of why we prefer sailing to land-based vacations.

And we absolutely love the wake view and sound. It's like why some love being on shore side, by a river, or a waterfall, or even on a mountaintop to hear the breezes rustle through the trees. To us the wake sound is mesmerizing.

Thanks for the info

We never heard a thing from E733. The cabin on the other side has reported noise though I have extremely sensitive hearing too and never heard anything except the wake sound, which was very relaxing. We were on the grand 6 months ago andcthere were not leaks "all over" the ship. We noticed a leak at the explorers lounge once, but we never smelled mold or saw a lot of leakage. We had a nice time on the Grand. As for creaking noise, we have had many aft facing cabins, e733 D736,C752, C753, and we have heard lots of creaking from those cabins on various ships. But we've also heard the creaking from other locations.

Edited by 4cats4me