Ncl oredering more ships from Fincantieri

Orleanscruiser

I'm not so sure any order for NCL to go to Fin. Remember the paragraph specifically states NCLH. It is quite possible its may be for there recently acquired brands, not for NCL. But most likely for Prestige cruises (Oceania or Regent) for the emerging Asian markets.

NCL has 4 total Breakaway Plus ships on order: Escape, Bliss, then 2 others. I can't imagine, with FDR's recent statements, that they would be ordering even more. I agree that it is probably Regent or Oceania.

[quote name='LrgPizza']NCL has 4 total Breakaway Plus ships on order: Escape, Bliss, then 2 others. I can't imagine, with FDR's recent statements, that they would be ordering even more. I agree that it is probably Regent or Oceania.[/QUOTE]

That's right I forgot they own Regents and Oceania

[quote name='hypercafe']I hope they are smaller ships than the Breakaway.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up.

Not only will the Breakaway+ Class ships be larger than Breakaway and Getaway, they will be larger than the Norwegian Epic.

These new ships will be the largest ships in the fleet.

[quote name='hypercafe']I hope they are smaller ships than the Breakaway.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt those small ships are for NCL, definitely for Oceania and/or Regent.

[quote name='njhorseman']And the article didn't say NCLH ordered more ships. It said "[B]may be ordering [/B]additional ships or adjusting future orders".[/QUOTE]

Quite true. Of course, nobody in this thread stated that NCLH ordered more ships, nor did anyone claim that the article said this either.

The only discussion of ship orders was in response to the poster who stated that they thought NCL had only ordered 2 Breakaway+ Class ships and that they were not aware that the number was actually 4.

[quote name='SeaShark']Quite true. Of course, nobody in this thread stated that NCLH ordered more ships, nor did anyone claim that the article said this either.

The only discussion of ship orders was in response to the poster who stated that they thought NCL had only ordered 2 Breakaway+ Class ships and that they were not aware that the number was actually 4.[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't bother to read the title of thread, which is:

"Ncl oredering [sic] more ships from Fincantieri"

Given the title, the OP certainly did claim the article said NCL ordered more ships.

[quote name='njhorseman']I guess you didn't bother to read the title of thread, which is:

"Ncl oredering [sic] more ships from Fincantieri"

Given the title, the OP certainly did claim the article said NCL ordered more ships.[/QUOTE]

:confused: You must simply look for things to point out. :rolleyes: The OP didn't claim the article said anything...note that the title didn't begin with "Article states that NCL..."

Besides...if you want to harp on anything, how about the small fact that NCL can't order MORE ships from Fincantieri until such time as they order at least ONE ship from Fincantieri?

[quote name='SeaShark']:confused: You must simply look for things to point out. :rolleyes: The OP didn't claim the article said anything...note that the title didn't begin with "Article states that NCL..."

Besides...if you want to harp on anything, how about the small fact that NCL can't order MORE ships from Fincantieri until such time as they order at least ONE ship from Fincantieri?[/QUOTE]

The article is about NCL[B]H [/B] .

Guess which shipyard is building the Regent Seven Seas Explorer. Guess which shipyard built Oceania's Marina and Riviera. Last I checked Regent and Oceania are brands currently owned by NCLH.

And I'm having my laugh of day at your statement " The OP didn't claim the article said anything". I suppose the thread title was written by a magic Cruise Critic title writing bot rather than the OP. Edited by njhorseman

[quote name='njhorseman']The article is about NCL[B]H [/B] .

Guess which shipyard is building the Regent Seven Seas Explorer. Guess which shipyard built Oceania's Marina and Riviera. Last I checked Regent and Oceania are brands owned by NCLH.

And I'm having my laugh of day at your statement " The OP didn't claim the article said anything". I suppose the thread title was written by a magic Cruise Critic title writing bot rather than the OP.[/QUOTE]

Considering the misspelling of 'ordering', maybe it was title writing bot. *shrug* They did their mission, which was to get people reading it and/or replying to the thread.