Sail away day first meal

Gordydog2

We are sailing on The Jewel next week(yea!!!). I get the feeling that they encourage everyone to eat at the buffet as they arrive and explore the ship. My question is are the other dining rooms (Azura and Tzars) open and available for lunch on sail away day?

We are sailing on The Jewel next week(yea!!!). I get the feeling that they encourage everyone to eat at the buffet as they arrive and explore the ship. My question is are the other dining rooms (Azura and Tzars) open and available for lunch on sail away day?

One of the main dining rooms are also open for lunch on embarkation day - usually the largest one.

Don't eat too much. There will be a cookout/grilling out on the pool deck during sail away also. Additionally, the Great Outdoors, O'Shehans, and a smaller selection of food items out at the pool deck bar area will also be available, in addition to the buffet and MDR. And then.....dinner is just a short time later......

Just off the Jewel yesterday!

Tsar's Palace (aft floor 6) will be open for lunch. I personally hate to spend a long time eating lunch with so much to do and see on Day 1. I suggest going to Great Outdoors (deck 12 - back of buffet). You may have to do buffet for some things but they normally have a lot at Great Outdoors with less fights for tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the great things about NCL is that you can go to a sit down lunch in the main dining room - serves until 2pm on embarkation day and avoid the herds of people in the buffet. Even better if the cabins are not ready as, you can put your carryon next to you or under the table and not lug it around with a tray of food.

We always go to the main dining room as soon as we board. And it's always been pretty quiet there. It's pretty easy to get a nice window seat. Very nice and relaxing!

And there's always been a barbecue out on the Pool Deck. Yummy food!

Gosh, I think we eat there too!!!!! ha!

Edited by shealea

My good friend disembarked the Jewel yesterday and ate at Tsar's for lunch on embarkation day. She said it was great.

There will always been at least one MDR open. We never eat at the buffet.

Do all the ships usually have a BBQ on embarkation day? I'm on the Pearl and it doesn't leave until 4:00, so maybe a bit late for BBQ that day?

I was on the Pearl last week. And yes, they did (weather permitting). 4pm is the usual departure time for most cruises. You will have the life boat drill at 3:15.

We eat a late breakfast, so we don't need to partake of the feeding frenzy that is boarding day...not sure why everyone wants the 1st thing they do on vacation is eat!

Because a lot of us are travelling. In six days, on April 4th I will leave home at 5 am for a 7 am flight. Land at 8:05 get bags. Ride to port with friends. Stop for coffee. VIP check in and a light lunch in Moderno. I like the heart of palm salad and soup. No "frenzy" here.

This is the way I like to start my vacation. Different strokes.