Just.Can't.Stop.Shopping.

Anyone else having a hard time NOT purchasing clothing items for your cruise?

I really don't need anything at this point being 2 weeks out of our cruise, but I always check to see if there are any new colours for cover-ups, sandals, dresses, maxi dresses, etc.

I just can't stop! lol

I all ways will take a look in the clothing store before packing for a cruse. The past two cruises I did not buy any thing. But I don't know what the next one will bring in the way of shopping.

Edited by geocruiser

I hear you. I keep tweaking my wardrobe even though I really have everything I need. One minute, I think a certain dress would be great, then I decide it is going to be too heavy to pack and I look for something lighter. Then I surf the web and see a top that would go great with the skirts I am taking and I end up reorganizing what goes with what. I am also trying to make sure that my tops go with several bottoms so I have flexibility. Even so, I have a feeling I am going to overpack. I really need to stop as I still have two months before we leave.

Edited by Danni3ll3

I am having a hard time with this as well! I cruise in two months and I have practically everything I need already (I've been "gathering" stuff for months), but I keep finding things I want to buy. It doesn't help that I'm cruising on Disney Fantasy and one of my favorite stores, Torrid, has launched a Disney line with some really cute stuff. My DH hasn't bought a single new thing for the cruise. :D

I am always looking for a good deal on clothes and usually it is thinking of a future cruise. Last week I found a sweater and long-sleeved shirt marked down to $5 each. They would be perfect for a Canada/NE cruise this fall that is now in the planning stage. I do try to adhere to a one in/one out policy. For each new item I buy, I need to put one in the Goodwill bag.:)

I'm another one who can't stop the shopping! We booked our next cruise (April 26!) last August so I immediately started shopping the end-of-summer sales. Got some really great deals. I'm talking Borg sandals for $10, Land's End tops for $5! Then last week there were more great sales, plus coupons. So you know, just had to pick up a few things in this year's styles. Too bad we didn't book a back-to-back so I could wear everything I bought! But we don't cruise that often and so I look at it as updating my summer wardrobe. And like Scrapnana I donate a lot of my old stuff so that makes it all right, right?!

But I really am done shopping now, I swear! However, hubby's wardrobe could use some new pieces sooo...

you guys i am with you !!! i have been cruise shopping on line. i am really getting into these outfits that are mix and match. like a reversible dress black then other side small polka dots. with reversible jacket. travelsmith. then coldwater creek black polka dot outfit same print. the thing is i had this same outfit years year ago and at that pt had it in a small and out grew it. so donated now i am back in small so bought again. nutz i know. then i got some of the chicos traveler items too. skirt, tank, pant, top button down all in black. need scarf and some red accent pieces etc i am searching for dressy flat sandals and rain coat.

I am always looking for a good deal on clothes and usually it is thinking of a future cruise. Last week I found a sweater and long-sleeved shirt marked down to $5 each. They would be perfect for a Canada/NE cruise this fall that is now in the planning stage. I do try to adhere to a one in/one out policy. For each new item I buy, I need to put one in the Goodwill bag.:)

My husband likes your "one out" policy. :cool: And I hate to get rid of anything. :o lol

Lorie

Hi:

Why is it...every time I go shopping for a special occasion, I end up buying cruise clothes instead?

Today, I went shopping for a dress to wear to my youngest granddaughter's wedding in June. I didn't find a dress; what I did find was two cruise outfits for my next cruise, which isn't until March of 2016.

I found a Calvin Klein jumpsuit that was only $27.00. It has "sparkles" on the top, and the rest of it is all black.

I just got back from a cruise a month ago, and I took more "sparkly" dresses than I needed for a 12 day cruise.

There are not too many places to dress up where I live; but I have a lot of cruise clothes...a whole closet full, so of course I need to book more cruises.

I also got a silver sequined dress (long) that was half price. I just couldn't pass it up.

After 80 cruises, you would think I had all of the cruise clothes that I needed; but I always find something I don't have.

We're going to Las Vegas next month, so I think I will wait and find a dress for the June wedding there.

Next cruise, I won't be taking 11 pair of shoes...I only wore five of them. We had to pay $100 dollars for a 4 pound overweight on one of our pieces of luggage and my DH is sure it was the one that had all of my shoes in it.

Happy cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Edited by SPARKLE10

I stay tweaking my cruise wardrobe...For the upcoming third one, its just shoes on my feet for dinner time or when I'm not swimming / relaxing on the sundecks, so I'm buying at least 2 pairs of crocs that can do double-duty looking like regular flats for dining and for the beach (Its NCL / Carnival / Royal - I can get away with it.:p) Already brought 6 more dresses for the last cruise so I can outfits for the sundeck / beach while the original 8 I brought are now mostly for dining / non-beach excursions. Winded getting a 3rd bathing suit to go along with the original 2 for that trip as well, so I can have options. :) Didn't really need to buy sweaters since my heavy hoodie is mostly used for travel anyway and the 2 cardigans I rarely used for work, so I made those part of the permanent cruise wardrobe. :)

Now after the shoes are brought later this year (trying to restraint myself - the trip is not til last Sunday in November anyway and I'm not planning to do a last-minute until September), I'll buy again to replace stuff if it has too much wear and tear. :D

hesitantly: Hello. My name is Gerry. And I am a cruise clothing-aholic.

Whenever I go shopping I always consider if the item will be suitable for cruising - does it go with several other pieces in my wardrobe, how heavy is it, can I pack it in a zip-lock, is it washable? And yes, I also overpack. Last time I brought 8 tops home that never saw the exterior of our cabin. I call them the J.I.C. (just in case) pieces. :rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

This is me to a T, and it's even worse since I've lost some weight recently. Everything just looks so much nicer on me and I can't stop shopping for cruise clothes or clothes in general, which is really bad because I do plan on working out and toning up more, so I'm sure all of these clothes I'm buying won't fit for much longer.

For my last two cruises, I had my fingers crossed that clothes/shoes/bags I ordered online mere days before would arrive, that's how bad it is! LOL (And yes, all arrived thank goodness)

Whenever I go shopping I always consider if the item will be suitable for cruising - does it go with several other pieces in my wardrobe, how heavy is it, can I pack it in a zip-lock, is it washable? And yes, I also overpack. Last time I brought 8 tops home that never saw the exterior of our cabin. I call them the J.I.C. (just in case) pieces. :rolleyes:

OHMYGOODNESS - and i thought I was the only one that 'weighed' things in my hand while shopping - wondering if people thought I was strange? LOL - also look at washing instructions and how easy an item will pack! Everything is bought with a potential cruise in mind :D

We could start a 12 step program but I am not sure any of us really want to be cured!:D:D

We could start a 12 step program but I am not sure any of us really want to be cured!:D

LOL...I doubt we would want to do that :D.

For fun, this is my Saks statements for the last five months. This is not include Meiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Visa and American Express. To be honest, I spent average between $10,000 to $15,000 a month. This is not for cruise. I just love to shop :D

17079531221_72e7311364_o.jpg

16892473998_0a2e09d562_o.jpg

16892698570_e8c449210b_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8815/16457805304_0ae59b5b96_o.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101