Getting a refund of a prepaid DSC?

bobg529

So, just to clarify, I can opt out of the $12.50 service fee once on board?

Yes, you may opt out if you wish to. The charge is discretionary and may be removed or modified in any way to desire.

If you can justify it because staff gave poor service.

That is not true.

If you can justify it because staff gave poor service.

That is a false statement.

Tip who you want what you want. I have a feeling there will be a long line at customer service, until NCL stops ripping off customers.

Maybe they should pay their workers more or maybe those workers will move to more honest cruise lines!

Yes from now on no more dsc for me as well and i will do the same for bar purchases no more 18% gratuity i will remove it and tip in cash...whatever is gratuity or discretionary you can remove it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can and should! It appears NCL has found plenty of ways to rip you off!

It's NCL's job to pay their employees tips as you please!

I used to tip above and beyond those days are over! Guess NCL should raise salaries or those workers should work on more fair cruise lines.

Has it dawned on you, most of the workers would rather get tips than more salary? why, because they do not have to pay taxes on all their tips. Yes, we know they should (or at least in America that is the policy) but most do not.

Also where are you getting the idea the DSC isn't going to the crew members? You have no way of knowing this, anyone than any of us do. As for tipping as you please, are you aware of all those behind the scenes that share in the tip pool? Are you going to tell us you will seak them out and tip them as well as your cabin steward and those who serve you in the restaurants and bars? Have you sailed other lines recently or bothered to research their tipping policies? You mention workers should jump ship and work for other lines? Do you take time to get to know any of the crew members? Most have been with NCL for many years, if they are unhappy, don't you think they would have gone to work for someone else?

Edited by newmexicoNita

Has it dawned on you, most of the workers would rather get tips than more salary? why, because they do not have to pay taxes on all their tips. Yes, we know they should (or at least in America that is the policy) but most do not.

Also where are you getting the idea the DSC isn't going to the crew members? You have no way of knowing this, anyone than any of us do. As for tipping as you please, are you aware of all those behind the scenes that share in the tip pool? Are you going to tell us you will seak them out and tip them as well as your cabin steward and those who serve you in the restaurants and bars?

You have missed an essential point. Until recently I trusted NCL to do the right thing with my DSC (always pre-paid). They have now shown themselves to be an untrustworthy and mercenary organisation - they have lost that trust (and I suspect the trust of many others on this board). After all of their shenanigans with increase this, add that with sometimes no notice, I no longer trust them to distribute the DSC properly to the staff.

I would therefore distribute the sums I see fit to whom I see fit (in theory - the chances of us sailing NCL again are quite slim at present).

To add my bit to your edit re staff - the next few months could be quite telling. If NCL are 'ripping off' their staff or messing with their T&Cs too much, there may well be an outflow of experienced staff - time will tell (as it will tell whether FDR's 'new' strategy pays off).

Some recent reviews are already alluding to a change of atmosphere on board.

Edited by SteveH2508
NMN's edit

That is a false statement.

Tip who you want what you want. I have a feeling there will be a long line at customer service, until NCL stops ripping off customers.

Maybe they should pay their workers more or maybe those workers will move to more honest cruise lines!

I found LMB....