Just off the Jewel...BEST time EVER!!!

bre

Had so much fun sailing on the Jewel this past week. Have nothing but raving reviews all around. The ship was great. The ports were fabulous. A FANTASTIC cruise director (John...1st week as cruise director on the Jewel), that made the whole week seem like a party. Most attentive Cruise Director that I have seen. But I have to say that the memorable part of our cruise was dinner in the dining room. We had the VERY BEST waiter around Sayed from India. He made ever night so special. We always took his advice on what to order, and was NEVER disappointed. We thought the food was outstanding. So outstanding, that we canceled our reservations at Chops, because we were having such a great time, and getting served such amazing food by our waiter. When we found out he was from India, my hubs mentioned how much he enjoyed Curry. Well guess what??? From that night on, he had the Chef (who is also from India) make a special Curry just for us. In ADDITION to our other main course dinners. Seriously the best Curry EVER!!! And different every night. I will be happy to admit, that we gained so much weight this trip. Our 3 course meals, often turned into 7 course meals. And we Averaged a 2 hr dinner each night in the dining room. This was definately a highlight of our trip, with our table of six. The Jewel did not disappoint. Would sail on her again, in a heart beat.

Thanks for taking the time to report. I've been on Jewel twice and found the the service to be the best ever in 2012 and the worst ever in 2014. I'm hoping we just got the rare bad one in 2014. When I was on last year I thought the now retired CD was not good. But at the time Elvis was the Activities Director and thought he did a great job. I believe he will be the CD on Jewel sometime in the near future. Glad you liked they guy they have now. Glad things went well for you.

Thanks for taking the time to report. I've been on Jewel twice and found the the service to be the best ever in 2012 and the worst ever in 2014. I'm hoping we just got the rare bad one in 2014. When I was on last year I thought the now retired CD was not good. But at the time Elvis was the Activities Director and thought he did a great job. I believe he will be the CD on Jewel sometime in the near future. Glad you liked they guy they have now. Glad things went well for you.

Elvis posted on FB that he has been re-assigned to Vision in May (unclear if he will remain an AM or if he has been promoted to CD). Makes sense, since Jewel is repositioning to Alaska, and Elvis is best on a cruise with higher Spanish-speaking demographics.

I didn't like the now semi-retired CD on Jewel last year either, but the fill-in CD Dennis Charles is one of my favorites!

Glad to hear the positive feedback on John Blair!

Edited by DonnaK

We only ate at the Sea View for lunch, which was free. But I do remember our waiter, when giving us options for eating the next day, (like they do at the end of the meal) mentioning Sea View Cafe and how there would be a sur charge.