Flight time changed!!

cherokee

Received an email from American Airlines yesterday telling me of a schedule change. I was originally scheduled to depart Ft Lauderdale on Fri the 18th of Nov at 11:37am. Now it has been rescheduled to leave at 10:54am. They did say if this did not work to call them to make other arrangments. What do you think? Stay with the plan? Can I get to the airport in time to make the flight? Or should I call them back to see what other options are available?:confused:

Did you make your flight reservation through the cruise line? If it's through the cruise line then they will probably change you to another flight. It is pushing it, you never know how fast you'll get off the ship and how quick you'll get your bags.

Most likely you will get to the airport in time( assume you intend to cab it and not use Princess bus service) but with the potential for delays, especially with getting through security, I would consider a later flight. Good luck with your plans and have a great cruise.

Frank

11AM is pushing it although there's a good chance you could be sitting in the departure lounge at 9:30AM. You just never know.

One suggestion is to check on how many cruise ships are coming in that day. Is it a weekday? A weekend? These factors can influence whether you'll breeze through check-in and Security or have long waits.

The same thing happened to us in April. We were changed from 11:30 to 10:40.

After giving in a lot of thought we changed our flight to 4:00 p.m. As it turns out we would have been fine but it would have stressed me, to worry about it, so it was worth it. This should leave you enough time to get in one last excurison.

Carol

This happened to me last year out of San Juan. I would research other AA flights later in the day. You can check the number of available seats at AA.com. When you find a later flight that works for you, call AA and ask them to move you to that flight, since your old flight is too close to the ship's arrivial. There should not be any fee for changing flights. They are usually very accomodating. Good Luck.

Since AA made a schedule change, if you are NOT happy with it .. you can change the reservation for no charge.

I would change to the next later flight .. assuming it is open. AND if you have a connection involved, change that second flight also so you will have sufficient connection time.

The only option would be cab to airport, First Class line (or tier with American) and lots of 'rushing'.

Hi , we booked 8 months out, and we are now at 6 months out and the flight time has been changed already, but we did not receive any type of communication from Delta as yet,I wouldn't have know about the change except I checked the flight price the other day and the time was different. I figured I would wait until it gets closer and see if there are any more changes then call and confirm with them the correct time, and if I need to make changes do it then. Do you think that would be all right or should I call them right away and have them make some type of note on our reservation about the change they made ?? Just wondering what you guys on the board think .

Cori

I was originally scheduled to depart Ft Lauderdale on Fri the 18th of Nov at 11:37am.
OP states that they are debarking on a Friday morning. The schedule for that date only has one ship in port. The ship is suppose to dock at 7:00 am. IMO, I think the flight time will be fine. ;)

Received an email from American Airlines yesterday telling me of a schedule change. I was originally scheduled to depart Ft Lauderdale on Fri the 18th of Nov at 11:37am. Now it has been rescheduled to leave at 10:54am. They did say if this did not work to call them to make other arrangments. What do you think? Stay with the plan? Can I get to the airport in time to make the flight? Or should I call them back to see what other options are available?:confused:

I made an 11:00 a.m. flight out of Fort Lauderdale with no problem. However, if there are problems, you're gonna be screwed.

If you can deal with standing by for a later flight should you miss this one, I say go for it. Otherwise, switch to be on the safe side.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hi , we booked 8 months out, and we are now at 6 months out and the flight time has been changed already, but we did not receive any type of communication from Delta as yet,I wouldn't have know about the change except I checked the flight price the other day and the time was different. I figured I would wait until it gets closer and see if there are any more changes then call and confirm with them the correct time, and if I need to make changes do it then. Do you think that would be all right or should I call them right away and have them make some type of note on our reservation about the change they made ?? Just wondering what you guys on the board think.
Cori... I made flight reservations on Delta months ago for our Christmas cruise. They changed the return flight from LAX from 11:45AM to 10:20AM, which would have been impossible to make. I called and changed the flights but the only flights available made us fly from LAX to Atlanta to Boston, getting us into Boston at 11:30PM New Years Eve. So, after thinking about it overnight, I decided that the changes weren't acceptable and had them cancel the flights. They refunded my money. I was able to book flights on AA for almost the exact same time as my original Delta flights although for about $100 more/pp. I guess we could have stayed over and flown out the next day but I'd rather get home.

My suggestion is to keep checking your flights and the time it leaves. If they change it to a time that you don't think you can make, call them and let them know that you're coming in on a cruise and because of their flight change, you won't make it. You'll be able to either change your flights or cancel and get your money back (make sure you know you can get alternate flights before cancelling.)

That is correct. We are debarking on Friday the 18th / Nov. Since you beat me to the schedule and you are saying the Sun is the only ship in port I think we will keep the flight and just wing:p it....

Thanks everyone..

Princess has speacial tags that you can get at the Pursers desk a few days before disembarking. I used them the last time we were on the Caribbean Princess in November and I'm using them again this time. If you have an early flight, you bring your flights to the pursers desk, and you will receive early disembarking. I was off the ship and at the airport by 9:45. This time, my flights on US Air just got changed to leaving FLL on Saturday Nov 19th at 10:45. Initially we were leaving at 12:00. Princess was very good about it and understood with the airline change. Disembarking goes pretty fast so I wouldn't really sweat it to be honest. But again, that's just my humble opinion.

Andi

Archived