Koningsdam Caribbean Itineraries Announced

InTheWASide

One would think they would put them on their own site first???? :D

Let's just accept that HAL is slow updating their website! :) After a question from kazu about my next RSVP charter, I contacted RSVP last week because they have been selling the 2016 cruise since February whilst HAL hwas still listing it. RSVP contacted HAL and that cruise was dropped from their schedule the next day.

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like there are actually less suites on Koningsdam. The SBs are only on the stern, and they are now putting SCs on the bow (top 2 or 3 decks). I didn't count, but it looks like less suites overall.

There are TWO Signature Suites, each the first two bow cabins on port/starboard side, Mozart (6) Deck.. That's it.

Wonder if they'll even sell SY guarantees?

Edited by sppunk

The 10/11 day itineraries are decent. Any input on these on which is better for those that don't care about ocean sports/swimming?

Nov. 13, 2016

Half Moon Cay; Grand Turk; the exclusive cruise port of Amber Cove, Dominican Republic; Kralendijk, Bonaire; Willemstand, Curaçao; and Oranjestad, Aruba.

Nov. 23, 2016

Philipsburg; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Basseterre; St. Thomas; and Half Moon Cay.

We aren't Caribbean people but will do one of these for the new ship.

I would chose the 11/13 cruise (in fact that is the one we are considering). We cruised to Curacao and Aruba on the Noordam and we really enjoyed it and have talked about cruising there again. The ports are really nice with lovely scenery.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience. Sail7Seas has a lot of experience with these ports.

I would chose the 11/13 cruise (in fact that is the one we are considering). We cruised to Curacao and Aruba on the Noordam and we really enjoyed it and have talked about cruising there again. The ports are really nice with lovely scenery.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience. Sail7Seas has a lot of experience with these ports.

sppunk we have also done both these itineraries and since you "don't care about ocean sports/swimming" I'd also recommend the Nov. 13th cruise for you. The stops in Curacao and Aruba offer a bit more culture and diversity than some of the other Caribbean islands.

Let's just accept that HAL is slow updating their website! :) After a question from kazu about my next RSVP charter, I contacted RSVP last week because they have been selling the 2016 cruise since February whilst HAL hwas still listing it. RSVP contacted HAL and that cruise was dropped from their schedule the next day.

Keep in mind RSVP has committed to a seven day Koningsdam charter sometime in February.

On another thread a few weeks ago, I listed some possible islands "new to HAL". Some examples, Trinadad/Tobago, St. Vincent, Grenada, St. Croix. I realize that some may not have piers to accommodate a large vessel, but, the ship has tenders that could be used.

I have no objections to the ports on the 10/11 day itineraries, I am just weary of going to some of them--not all of them--again and again. Variety is the spice of life, someone once said. That is what I would like to see in HAL's itineraries.

On another thread a few weeks ago, I listed some possible islands "new to HAL". Some examples, Trinadad/Tobago, St. Vincent, Grenada, St. Croix. I realize that some may not have piers to accommodate a large vessel, but, the ship has tenders that could be used.

I have no objections to the ports on the 10/11 day itineraries, I am just weary of going to some of them--not all of them--again and again. Variety is the spice of life, someone once said. That is what I would like to see in HAL's itineraries.

While it's not exactly a new cruise for those that have been on HAL numerous times it IS a new approach for a new ship's first time in the Caribbean which I think is pretty cool. It's at least a step in a new direction.

Just posted... like literally JUST posted... Was there 2 minutes ago and it wasn't posted. Refreshed and poof!

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12407-koningsdam-to-homeport-at-port-everglades-for-winter-20162017.html

I'm disappointed that the ports of call will not include Key West, (for a FULL DAY)! :(