Koningsdam Caribbean Itineraries Announced

InTheWASide

I'm booked on a Crystal World Cruise segment in Buenos Aires on 3/3/17. I've been thinking I do not want to fly from Baltimore anytime near the cruise and thought of doing a cruise out of Florida beforehand so I would be flying from Miami instead. I was also interested in the Konigsdam's solo cabins. I'd fly a couple of days before the Florida cruise because missing the ship would be unfortunate but not a disaster. It looks like the best fit would be the 10 day cruise on February 19 which would end March 1.

Do you think this sounds reasonable and is it reasonable to fly from FTL 2 days before a cruise in BA?

Roy

The 10/11 day itineraries are decent. Any input on these on which is better for those that don't care about ocean sports/swimming?

Nov. 13, 2016

Half Moon Cay; Grand Turk; the exclusive cruise port of Amber Cove, Dominican Republic; Kralendijk, Bonaire; Willemstand, Curaçao; and Oranjestad, Aruba.

Nov. 23, 2016

Philipsburg; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Basseterre; St. Thomas; and Half Moon Cay.

We aren't Caribbean people but will do one of these for the new ship.

Would also be looking hard at the late Feb, early March 2017 21 day Collectors. Don't expect we will be able to book until August or September of this year.

Later today HAL got the press release up on their site and said they will be bookable "in April 2015". No specific date. So some point this month

"Exclusive cruise port of Amber Cove"? Having been developed by Carnival Corporation, there will be other operating company vessels of CCL visiting this port.

Disappointing 10/11 day itineraries as far as I am concerned. Same old, same old. Simply a re-do/slight re-make of the Noordam/Oosterdam itineraries.

"Exclusive cruise port of Amber Cove"? Having been developed by Carnival Corporation, there will be other operating company vessels of CCL visiting this port.

Disappointing 10/11 day itineraries as far as I am concerned. Same old, same old. Simply a re-do/slight re-make of the Noordam/Oosterdam itineraries.

Haven't discovered any new islands in the Caribbean recently, have they?

Start naming islands where that size of ship can go that's different ...

Haven't discovered any new islands in the Caribbean recently, have they?

:D My thoughts but actually Carnival has added some ports......

They developed Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Costa Maya, HMC, Princess Cays.......

I've always liked the ten and eleven day cruises. Just the right amount of time for a Caribbean cruise, I think. We did many Collectors (14 days) but with two days pre cruise and one day post that was often a bit longer than I wanted to be away.

:D My thoughts but actually Carnival has added some ports......

They developed Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Costa Maya, HMC, Princess Cays.......

I've always liked the ten and eleven day cruises. Just the right amount of time for a Caribbean cruise, I think. We did many Collectors (14 days) but with two days pre cruise and one day post that was often a bit longer than I wanted to be away.

Any input into my previous question, I know you've visited many of these places. :)

We don't care about the water, more scenery and quiet styling.

I'm booked on a Crystal World Cruise segment in Buenos Aires on 3/3/17. I've been thinking I do not want to fly from Baltimore anytime near the cruise and thought of doing a cruise out of Florida beforehand so I would be flying from Miami instead. I was also interested in the Konigsdam's solo cabins. I'd fly a couple of days before the Florida cruise because missing the ship would be unfortunate but not a disaster. It looks like the best fit would be the 10 day cruise on February 19 which would end March 1.

Do you think this sounds reasonable and is it reasonable to fly from FTL 2 days before a cruise in BA?

Roy

I'd do it, Roy. I flew into BA two days before a cruise in January from Cleveland with no problem.

Flying from Miami makes the flight slightly shorter. My connection was from Atlanta and it was long, but bearable. But, separating that part from the Baltimore to Miami portion makes it even more bearable.

I'd love to be able to do this.

Debbie

Edited by dfish

I got the release at 1:27 p.m. from the PR department. I've been waiting anxiously for it!

Excited to see that there's an overnight in Fort Lauderdale before a short cruise to HMC and Nassau.

I'm hoping it's for some kind of inaugural festivities and a cruise for the media and special guests.

That's what Princess, MSC and Royal Caribbean have done, and Norwegian will do with Escape.