Beverage Packages

This may in fact be legit, but...

WHY would/do companies announce legit policy changes on April 1 knowing all the shenanigans that go on on April 1 - especially with the internet?

DCL is adding in a "$200 placeholder reservation" to their onboard booking rather than "filling a ship" with dummy dates. Late yesterday people who had booked so-called "dummy cruises" with the intent to change them later were getting emails that they need to let DCL know by April 17 if they intend to sail on their current date, change it at this time to a date they intend to sail, or convert it to the new generic placeholder to be used within 24 months of the initial booking. M guess is there are going to be a lot of people who didn't look at their email until today and are thinking it's an April Fool's Day thing.

Would holding off a day or two really make that much of a difference just to ensure people know that it is legit?

So do you feel if you purchase a beverage package NOW for a future cruise already booked that they will ask for the difference or honor the price?

Celebrity is honoring the current price ($11.80/day) so long as you upgrade by a certain day this month. If you upgrade after this date, they're charging the full difference ($16.80/day). I assume RCI would provide a similar timeframe.

Edited by crazyventures

Saw you were from NJ. Had to post....moved to TX from Toms River NJ. Been homesick every day since!

I hear this all the time; I'm worried that my resolve to get out of NJ may be a mistake! Toms River about 1 hour from me -- I'm closer to Philly in West Deptford (Gloucester Co) - originally from Haddon Heights (Camden Co). Cheers!

Wow...so about $75/day for the drink package in USD, which for Canadian pricing will put it at about $100/day.....they are going to start pricing themselves out of the market.

The ONE reason why I gave cruising a chance just over 2 years ago, was finally they had some "allinclusive" drink packages that price wise competed with going to an All Inclusive south.

However, it's almost at the point where JUST the drink package alone on Celebrity would pay for my flights, hotel, meals AND booze for a week in Mexico at a resort....

Things will change if this keeps up....hoping Royal doesn't follow but..

This may in fact be legit, but...

WHY would/do companies announce legit policy changes on April 1 knowing all the shenanigans that go on on April 1 - especially with the internet?

DCL is adding in a "$200 placeholder reservation" to their onboard booking rather than "filling a ship" with dummy dates. Late yesterday people who had booked so-called "dummy cruises" with the intent to change them later were getting emails that they need to let DCL know by April 17 if they intend to sail on their current date, change it at this time to a date they intend to sail, or convert it to the new generic placeholder to be used within 24 months of the initial booking. M guess is there are going to be a lot of people who didn't look at their email until today and are thinking it's an April Fool's Day thing.

Would holding off a day or two really make that much of a difference just to ensure people know that it is legit?

Most companies do business everyday. So there is no reason for them not carry on, business as usual, on April 1st , as it is not a holiday.

Most companies do business everyday. So there is no reason for them not carry on, business as usual, on April 1st , as it is not a holiday.

No, it's not a holiday. BUT enough companies - even big name companies like car companies (was it Toyota or Honda that had an ad up for a car with selfie cameras all throughout it) - put April Fool's stuff out there it just seems not the most well thought-out timing.