The upgrade fairy is alive and well!

hermitstyle

Got a call at work today that Carnival is upgrading me from my room (U16) to an aft extended balcony (E240) because I'm a valued platinum guest. I originally booked an inside guarantee and got my original assignment about 22 days out. I'd say my guarantee cabin turned out pretty well! Headed to the port now to start my weekend escape!

If you look at thread starter's post, half your question is answered right there. Poster is on Sensation and sailed today

The ship is not showing on my phone. I cannot see the headers nor signatures. Guessed it was a Fantasy Class by the cabin numbers.

Edited by SadieN

From what I understand on cruise critic and also Princess maybe,but Carnival is different, so please forgive me in advance;

(My take) Upgrade = Free. No cost. Lucky person called/emailed/offered.

(From dictionary.com): Upgrade- noun.

an increase or improvement in one's service, accommodations, privileges, or the like:

"If the ship isn't full we'll receive an upgrade to a deluxe stateroom".

(my take) Upsell- some sort of additional cost. You can ask for it or they cruise line can offer.

(from dictionary.com): Upsell-verb to try to persuade a customer to buy a more expensive item or to buy a related additional product at a discount. [i]"For $75 more per person we can move you from an inside cabin category X to Balcony Cabin Category XY."[/I]

The ship is not showing on my phone. I cannot see the headers nor signatures. Guessed it was a Fantasy Class by the cabin numbers.

If you are using an iPhone, you can "request the desktop site" which will give a look more like a computer view.