Shoes in dining room

If you put a pretty top on over nice jeans and smile, nobody looks at your feet. Just got off the Golden on Tuesday and I wore silver plastic flipflops every night. Not the $2 kind, but high end orthotic ones. They have a good arch and metatarsal bump. Even wore them to formal night under my long dress. We were on an extended 2 month trip so we had packed very light, and we had had a suitcase stolen in at the port in Buenos Aires when we had gotten on the Celebrity Infinity. I did have a pair of silver woven elastic ballet flats, but they were pretty ratty by the time we got to the Golden. So I wore the flips with a nice pedicure with a pinky taupe polish.

If you put a pretty top on over nice jeans and smile, nobody looks at your feet. Just got off the Golden on Tuesday and I wore silver plastic flipflops every night. Not the $2 kind, but high end orthotic ones. They have a good arch and metatarsal bump. Even wore them to formal night under my long dress. We were on an extended 2 month trip so we had packed very light, and we had had a suitcase stolen in at the port in Buenos Aires when we had gotten on the Celebrity Infinity. I did have a pair of silver woven elastic ballet flats, but they were pretty ratty by the time we got to the Golden. So I wore the flips with a nice pedicure with a pinky taupe polish.

Your shoes sound like ones I could wear. I need good arch and metatarsal support and am always on the lookout for new brands and styles.

If you wouldn't mind saying, what brand of shoe were you wearing?

Your shoes sound like ones I could wear. I need good arch and metatarsal support and am always on the lookout for new brands and styles.

If you wouldn't mind saying, what brand of shoe were you wearing?

I don't know what brand she was wearing, but I have to wear orthotic sandals and the brand I love is Vionic. You have to get used to wearing them and start with only a few hours a day, but once you get used to them you wouldn't consider anything else.

They start at about $69.00 for the rubber ones. I just paid $89.00 each for 2 pair of leather, dressier thongs. You can find them at QVC, Zappos and Amazon.

Gosh, I have a pair of black flip flops (ribbon top) with a very thin RUBBER sole that I often wear on Formal Nights in the MDR on Princess ships. :D

Other nights in the MDR I wear my Sperry Top Sider flip flops. No problem. ;)

LuLu

I don't know what brand she was wearing, but I have to wear orthotic sandals and the brand I love is Vionic. You have to get used to wearing them and start with only a few hours a day, but once you get used to them you wouldn't consider anything else.

They start at about $69.00 for the rubber ones. I just paid $89.00 each for 2 pair of leather, dressier thongs. You can find them at QVC, Zappos and Amazon.

Yes I have several Vionic sandals! Very good arch support. Other brands add metatarsal support which I love even more, but Vionic (Formerly Orthaheel) is still very good.

My flexible-flat-feet are so bad that I'm always on the lookout for good supportive shoes--orthotics are great but limit the styles you can wear.

My foot problems are very painful, and at one time I felt extremely negative about them...

Then I read an article about an amputee...

Changed my outlook.

Anyway, good arch and metatarsal support shoe recommendations are always welcomed!

Best sandals for me are Abeo Balboas in their metatarsal fit. Walking company carries them and you can get fitted at their stores to see which footbed is best for you. After that you can order them online. I also use Vionic and Spenco.

BUT...the ones I wore on the Golden were Pluggz. The suitcase containing my Balboas was stolen probably off the dock while boarding the Celebrity Infinity in Buenos Aires. So I bought the Pluggz at the spa while on that ship because I had no sandals. I wore them under my long dress on formal night there too. They are the best rubber flip flops ever. They are supposed to keep you "grounded" with the earth, but I really don't care about that. The plug ball thing goes right where I need metatarsal support, and they also have an arch so I can wear them all day. I do admit that when walking on land I get a little tingle from the ball, but I kinda like it.