Cape Canaveral hotels, stay and cruise

love2traveljen

I have a little bit of unique situation, a bunch of us are sailing out of the sunshine out of Cape Canaveral later this year. Some of us are flying in some of us are driving and spending one night. I'm looking for a hotel that has the following, stay and park package where the people who are driving can park the car for the week, but the hotel also must have an airport shuttle ( Orlando) as the people who were flying are going to meet at the hotel and all of us are going to take a private shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Anyone know of a place that has those options? Thanks!

I have a little bit of unique situation, a bunch of us are sailing out of the sunshine out of Cape Canaveral later this year. Some of us are flying in some of us are driving and spending one night. I'm looking for a hotel that has the following, stay and park package where the people who are driving can park the car for the week, but the hotel also must have an airport shuttle ( Orlando) as the people who were flying are going to meet at the hotel and all of us are going to take a private shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Anyone know of a place that has those options? Thanks!

The Radisson. Highly recommend it!!

CL0005.JPG

CL0007.JPG

CL0032.JPG

CL0010.JPG

Does the Radisson have an airport shuttle? I've stayed there a couple of times and they never had an airport shuttle.

It's at least a 45 minute drive.

Bill

Yes they do now. That's why I posted a picture of the sign. Don't know the details because we didn't use it.

Edited by Jamman54

I checked both driving and flying for us, decided to drive.

We are staying at Comfort Suites. Sleep, Park Cruise package was $178 including all taxes.

There is a bus from MCO that will take you to Cocoa Beach hotels round trip for 2 for $90. Cant remember the company but I found them through the MCO website. Flights from Indiana were too expensive though, so trekking the 1100 mile drive.

I been so worried about the Radisson as we are staying there the evening before our cruise. We usually stay at least 4/5 star hotels but there really isn't any close to the port so we chose the Radisson, from the photos of the bedroom they look so outdated/old, I am worried but glad to hear a couple of you here recommend it, makes me feel better.

Edited by lyndamr

I been so worried about the Radisson as we are staying there the evening before our cruise. We usually stay at least 4/5 star hotels but there really isn't any close to the port so we chose the Radisson, from the photos of the bedroom they look so outdated/old, I am worried but glad to hear a couple of you here recommend it, makes me feel better.

The Radisson worked well for us. I don't know if they have the same chef as when we stayed there but he sure was good. We had some sort of shrimp pasta that was absolutely killer.

We loved the Radisson. Stayed there on Thanksgiving night. At check-in we were upgraded to a suite and it was delightful. Dinner was hectic as so few restaurants were open for the holiday, but breakfast the next morning was delicious. They had a buffet, which we did, but also a chef making omelets and maybe waffles. The shuttle was efficient to and from the hotel. I would recommend making a reservation for the shuttle, everyone wants to go early!

Does anyone know if they provide car seats if requested on a shuttle to/from airport and to/from the port? I really don't want to lug our car seats so I'm trying to figure out what our options are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if they provide car seats if requested on a shuttle to/from airport and to/from the port? I really don't want to lug our car seats so I'm trying to figure out what our options are

Good question!

I know the owner of the company that contracts this service and he does not have car seats in any of his vehicles. There is one gnarly old car seat in the corner of his pretty dirty office, I would not put my child in it. Additionally there are no seat belts on some of his vehicles.

Edited by ducklite

Does the Radisson have a shuttle to the port? Last time we did Radisson was back in 2004 and we had rented a car, so we took the shuttle from the car rental drop off location.

Does the Radisson have a shuttle to the port? Last time we did Radisson was back in 2004 and we had rented a car, so we took the shuttle from the car rental drop off location.

Yes, $6 per person. Book at check-in to ensure you get on the earliest shuttles if you have early ship boarding privileges.

I know the owner of the company that contracts this service and he does not have car seats in any of his vehicles. There is one gnarly old car seat in the corner of his pretty dirty office, I would not put my child in it. Additionally there are no seat belts on some of his vehicles.

Ugh. that is disappointing. thanks. i'm not sure what to do. my 5 yr old is probably ok w/ just a seatbelt since i know in FL they dont have to have a car seat in commercial vehicles. but for my 8 month old.....

Ugh. that is disappointing. thanks. i'm not sure what to do. my 5 yr old is probably ok w/ just a seatbelt since i know in FL they dont have to have a car seat in commercial vehicles. but for my 8 month old.....

I cannot comment on car-seat issues but can offer this: 5 days a week thousands of passengers board the Radisson shuttles to/and from the Port with young ones of all ages from 0.1 month to 100 years old!

Surely, this issue must be handled fine? It is best to call the Radisson direct and ask/request their advice.

We took a cab from the Residence Inn to the ship with a 5 year old and no carseat. It was a 5 minute drive. I don't know what other option you have other than finding a shuttle that can provide a carseat and even then you don't know what kind of condition it will be in.