40% off Wine

Weena

This 40% off -How does it work? When available, who qualifies, where available?...etc. (First Princess Cruise)

It's part of the all inclusive beverage package, which is $56.35pp/day. read below

"Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Price includes service charge.

Package does not apply to Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess or Diamond Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia."

Some voyages have wine packages available, which are separate from the package mentioned above.

Edited by sknight

I don't know the length of your cruise & if it's over 7 days the wine package may be available. Depending upon the package & the value of your wine, the discount can be as high as nearly 40%.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit

Think OP is referring to the 40% discount on bottles of wine when the passenger has the all inclusive alcohol package. The wine can be shared even if the others do not have the alcohol package but I don't know the exact wording of the ability to share with others or to take it to go.

Terry

Some voyages have wine packages available, which are separate from the package mentioned above.

Think OP is referring to the 40% discount on bottles of wine when the passenger has the all inclusive alcohol package.

Terry

I posted about the wine package mentioned by "sknight" as another option. ;) The OP has been seeking info about their 1st Princess cruise & I decided to also share the wine package info. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I read somewhere here that you can buy several bottles at dinner and share with your table mates - has anyone done that?

Also, are you able to buy one or two bottles at dinner - uncorked and take them back to your cabin to drink later?

thanks

I never share.:D

You can take open bottles out of the MDR if you choose. You can also buy bottles from the MDR or any of the bars or the wine bar and leave them uncorked to take back to your cabin for consumption whenever you please.

I read somewhere here that you can buy several bottles at dinner and share with your table mates - has anyone done that?

Also, are you able to buy one or two bottles at dinner - uncorked and take them back to your cabin to drink later?

Yes. You can, for instance, purchase a red and a white wine and if you wish to share the wine with others, you can. Outright buying bottles of wine for others at your table so they can get 40% off is abusing the package.

You can take your wine back to your cabin to drink later.

Outright buying bottles of wine for others at your table so they can get 40% off is abusing the package.

When I am at any table and purchase wine, I feel I need to offer the others a glass. That is why we like a table for two unless we know the other people and I always offer them a glass and they return the act by purchasing another bottle and share with us.