New Room Service Menus - Large and Legible (huge pics)

triptolemus

Please read that again. It clearly states and I quote " *An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to your check for non-complimentary beverage or special occasion items."

No where does it state that there will be an 18% gratuity on other items, only where there is an asterisk (*) that precedes the item description.

This is where many CCer's are getting the undies in a knot because they either believe what someone else has stated or are just to lazy to discover the real truth and facts and read it for themselves.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Tell that to the OP that sent his food back because they charged him the 'convenience fee' AND the 18% gratuity. If you want to believe everything you read....go for it. I'll believe what comes out of the 'horses' mouth. The OP knows better as he was there.

Harriet

On previous cruises, I noticed that when you ordered a drink in Miami, you were charged a local sales tax. This may or may not be the case now. This was also true of the UBP for sodas.... we were charged the gratuity and a Miami tax. That is when I started buying UBP for sodas for the kids ahead of time (thus avoiding the Miami tax). Given the choice, I prefer not to pay taxes. :)

While in Miami, yes you will be charged sales tax. :mad:

Does EVERY thread need to be hijacked by one forum member telling another what to do? Sheesh. SMH.

This thread is about the menu and the new charges. There is another 65-odd page one discussing the merit of staying versus leaving NCL.

Ump... be more like your signature and try to stay on-topic.

And how is this not "Pot - Kettle"?

Absolutely correct a ^5 for you, that's the attitude that should be used. Also, if you don't like it...... then don't order it ! Not difficult.

Please read that again. It clearly states and I quote " *An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to your check for non-complimentary beverage or special occasion items."

No where does it state that there will be an 18% gratuity on other items, only where there is an asterisk (*) that precedes the item description.

This is where many CCer's are getting the undies in a knot because they either believe what someone else has stated or are just to lazy to discover the real truth and facts and read it for themselves.

To those who have considered this to be a make or break item to book with or continue sailing with NCL, please make it a break and move on to an other cruise line. This will only make it easier for the rest of us that think this way to get the cabins of our choice, etc., etc. Nothing better than seeing smiling happy faces on a cruise than those grumpy, self- entitled stick-in-the-mud types. Do us all a favor and pick another cruise line to needlessly complain about. Go ahead and start the flaming, I'm wearing flame retardant undies ! :eek:

cheers...the Ump...:D

Please refer to this thread who has first hand experience ;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192062

Rochelle

Maybe he ordered Bloody Marys or Mimosas with breakfast. That would have 18% grat added no matter where it was ordered. I don't think there was 18% added to the food portion except for special platters. At least that's how I read it. I still don't like it. Ridiculous to add service charge for a pot of coffee and juice!!

Maybe he ordered Bloody Marys or Mimosas with breakfast. That would have 18% grat added no matter where it was ordered. I don't think there was 18% added to the food portion except for special platters. At least that's how I read it. I still don't like it. Ridiculous to add service charge for a pot of coffee and juice!!

He was asked and he clarified. He had no fee items and was charged the service charge + 18%. You can read it yourself in this thread. I provided a link in the post above.

Rochelle

Thank you so much for posting this in a readable way!

I personally wasn't to upset about the new charges (though we aren't sailing until 2016 so who knows then!) I had just decided to get my own insulated carafe for coffee and take my butt up to the buffet in the morning to enjoy it on our large balcony.

After looking at this menu, I went from "Eh I will never pay that and use it!" to, you know what... after a day in Bermuda, there is enough dinner options that instead of going to the MDR or a specialty, dinner on our M6 would be worth it even if the charge is still $8 on the BA at the time.

Agreed, adding an "auto-grat" to a "service charge" would be shark-jump-worthy. But it's a "convenience charge" not a "service charge." So who knows?!

A rose by any other name ...

I LIKE THIS! For only $4.95 I can have food for four delivered to my cabin! Between us that will be a pizza, four burgers, two BLTs, and a few side items! In a heart beat I would pay $4.95 for the convenience of sitting on my butt out on my balcony while someone else brings us all food.

You forgot to add in the 18% auto gratuity.

Thanks so much for posting the menu. :)

It is better than I expected.

Similar to Royal's room service which is free. perhaps waffles and pancakes are left off room service as they get cold quickly

Thanks for posting a readable version of the new menu!

I have to say...I was expecting more. We rarely order room service because the menus are so disappointing, so I was hoping that the new menus would be more exciting. The best I can say is that the new RS menu sucks slightly less than the old one. It is what is is, though - and the new menu is better than the old one, if not too exciting.

While there isn't anything on there that I desperately need to try, we may order once or twice. I'd rather get up and get something better for breakfast, but I'll try the hot items if DH wants to some morning. Or if we want a late night snack and we're already in the room, I'm sure we could find something we'd be willing to eat - we have before, even with the old menu. Glad they expanded the dinner options beyond the crappy sandwiches. I've always been more a fan of the kids menu - grilled cheese and a salad.

1 hour preparation time for a cheese plate??? What are they making the cheese from milk?

On our last cruise we called for a Pizza - we were told they were "Personal Size" - we said perfect, and ended up with the old 16" pizzas!! Which seemed to have a personal size amount of tomato sauce but plenty of cheese and pepperoni - it was not the best pizza I had ever had on NCL.

If you're on the Getaway......if on the Breakaway it'll cost you $ 7.95

Don't forget about the 18% auto gratuity!

Enjoy

Harriet

$4.95 or $7.95 to get all that delivered I would pay. and lets see 18% of $4.95 is all of 89¢. I would never merely tip 89¢.

Tell that to the OP that sent his food back because they charged him the 'convenience fee' AND the 18% gratuity. If you want to believe everything you read....go for it. I'll believe what comes out of the 'horses' mouth. The OP knows better as he was there.

Harriet

So you are saying it INST convenient to order rooms service? LOL really?