Underrated cruise souvenirs

Never seen a machine that does that anywhere. Where do you see them?

We used to put pennies, dimes, quarters on the rail road tracks. After the train squished them we'd hunt for them as they'd never stay on the rails.

Never seen a machine that does that anywhere. Where do you see them?

We used to put pennies, dimes, quarters on the rail road tracks. After the train squished them we'd hunt for them as they'd never stay on the rails.

Pretty much every beach boardwalk or touristy main drag of a port town (at least in the US) has one. It's usually out front of something like the Wax Museum or Rainforest restaurant, which is next to the schlock shop selling tee shirts, shot glasses and every other trinket some folks collect (only to toss the next time they move).

we are big food snobs so we try and pick up some sort of local specialty( rum cakes, coffee, maybe a spice)

Magnets are one of my favorites to bring back for others who beg for a souvenir. small, relatively cheap, don't take up much space.

every cruise I get one Christmas ornament as well. between those and all my ones for every duty station my tree is a hodge podge.

We think alike!

I collect smashed pennies. You put $.50 and a penny in the machine and turn the crank and it smashes the penny and puts something on it like the name of the place, logo etc. I'm addicted. Have to get one every time I see a machine. I have a bunch of them scattered in different drawers about the house.

Me too. I have three full wallets (40+) and a fourth wallet started. I started back in 1992 - they're fun to browse through sometimes!

Not sure how up to date this is, but it's a list of locations:

http://www.pennycollector.com/arealist.aspx

They are a good idea. but there are times I am afraid our refrigerator will fall forward!:)

OMG, you're as bad as me! And now a lot of the newer fridges aren't metal on the front. I need to replace mine, but it has to hold all the magnets!

We have way too many magnets to fit on the fridge, so we went to Wal-Mart and bought a large magnet board. We mounted it on a wall in the passageway between the kitchen & dining room. Looks great!

What an awesome idea! I will have to look for one of those. Maybe I can hang it on my new, non-metallic fridge...

I love collecting the googly eyed magnets in each country. We find it hilarious bc they are the exact same Made In China magnets of crabs/lobsters/etc but with just a different destination printed on them. Started off as a joke. Actually, it's still a joke.

Also postcards, bc yes I can never take pics as good as on the postcard. Since our fridge is stainless steel on the front we can only display the magnets and postcards on one side. The other side is obscured by a wall.

Love the shot glasses and cheap t shirts too, though also most likely not locally produced.

The only locally produced product I've found I usually try to bring home are hot sauces and other seasonings. Esp in the Caribbean there are lots of hot sauces! My fave was a garlic one from St Maartin.