Confused by Oasis Cabin # 11330 changes

Ok, so I searched and read a lot about this cabin recently (relatively) becoming an aft grand suite and some talk about it changing again. As I look at the deck plans there is a new plan for Oasis post May 2016 which shows 11330 as a deck 11 aquatheater suite coded A3. Description says 659 square feet, two bedrooms and two baths (just like the original 6 aquatheaters) and a 648 square foot balcony. This is being sold at a price higher than crown loft suites and less than sky loft suites so I am assuming the square footage is correct and it does show a different category for deck 14 which would be considerably smaller.

But what is confusing is other recent threads show 11330 currently at considerably smaller square footage and one bathroom if I am not mistaken. So questions are is this really accurate? Are they really making it two bedrooms and two baths? Lastly, where does the extra square footage come from assuming it is not presently 659 square feet?

Thanks

Ok, so I searched and read a lot about this cabin recently (relatively) becoming an aft grand suite and some talk about it changing again. As I look at the deck plans there is a new plan for Oasis post May 2016 which shows 11330 as a deck 11 aquatheater suite coded A3. Description says 659 square feet, two bedrooms and two baths (just like the original 6 aquatheaters) and a 648 square foot balcony. This is being sold at a price higher than crown loft suites and less than sky loft suites so I am assuming the square footage is correct and it does show a different category for deck 14 which would be considerably smaller.

But what is confusing is other recent threads show 11330 currently at considerably smaller square footage and one bathroom if I am not mistaken. So questions are is this really accurate? Are they really making it two bedrooms and two baths? Lastly, where does the extra square footage come from assuming it is not presently 659 square feet?

Thanks

I noticed that as well, and was interested because I have that cabin booked in April of 2016 and wondered if I would be asked to move. When I saw the changes that are supposed to be effective in May of 2016, I called Royal to see when they were intending to do this construction, because at the time there was no "downtime" in the sailing schedule. The person I spoke with told me my cruise would not be impacted. I asked how they would be making such significant changes to these six cabins without any downtime, but got no answer. A few days later I noticed that the May 7 sailing had been removed from the website. Not sure if that cruise ended up getting chartered, or if they are trying to complete these renovations in this one week timeframe. Seems like a lot to get done in seven days.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

So do you (and others) of course really believe 11330 will be a true 2 bedroom aquatheater post May 2016? I also noticed that the description that is posted for Deck 11 aquatheater is simply a cut and paste of deck 10's (verbatim I believe)----I just find it hard to believe this room is really changing to a two bedroom suite with two baths--seems impossible. Also Harmony deck plans don't have 11330 as a two bedroom--would they really have this inconsistent.

If I had to bet -- it is being relabeled and marketed as an aquatheater suite post May 2016 but will not be a two bedroom two bath as description currently shows. Other thoughts or anyone with credible info?

Thanks,

If you look on Youtube, there is video of cabin 12730. My guess is that since it really isn't a GS as it has a separate bedroom and sitting room, they are calling it an AquaSuite. It is also marketed cheaper than the other AquaSuites. Like CL-1 and CL-2 are different pricing.

The cabin is terrible. We had it back in early December. Worst suite we have had yet. There is no way this cabin will be 2 bedrooms and on my other thread you will see that these cabins have been recognized on the ship since day one as Aqua suites. It was corporate that classified them as a GS when they were first built. The balcony has nice views that's about all I can say about the cabin. We would never book these suites again. Go with a regular GS or OS.

The cabin is terrible. We had it back in early December. Worst suite we have had yet. There is no way this cabin will be 2 bedrooms and on my other thread you will see that these cabins have been recognized on the ship since day one as Aqua suites. It was corporate that classified them as a GS when they were first built. The balcony has nice views that's about all I can say about the cabin. We would never book these suites again. Go with a regular GS or OS.

I don't know about when you stayed in it, but I am in 11330 now and I think it is fabulous. I have never stayed in a regular GS (did see one on a tour), but have stayed in a JS, several OS and a Crown Loft Suite (and a two bedroom on NCL Epic) and no way is this cabin terrible. It sounds like they rushed to get it done and didn't have all the amenities ready when you were in it. There are pictures now, the tvs are mounted and I find the decor to be beautiful. I much prefer having two rooms over having one larger room. I think it has ample storage for up to four people (with two closets) and I couldn't be more pleased. However, I think it would be a stretch to make this a two bedroom, two bath because of how angular the room is.

Edited by klove613

So do you (and others) of course really believe 11330 will be a true 2 bedroom aquatheater post May 2016? I also noticed that the description that is posted for Deck 11 aquatheater is simply a cut and paste of deck 10's (verbatim I believe)----I just find it hard to believe this room is really changing to a two bedroom suite with two baths--seems impossible. Also Harmony deck plans don't have 11330 as a two bedroom--would they really have this inconsistent.

If I had to bet -- it is being relabeled and marketed as an aquatheater suite post May 2016 but will not be a two bedroom two bath as description currently shows. Other thoughts or anyone with credible info?

Thanks,

I am in this suite 11330 for the April 30, 2016 sailing of Oasis. In February I was on Oasis and the couple in that cabin gave me a tour. I have no idea where they think they will put a second bedroom, another bathroom and keep the sitting area.

Here are some photos I took in Feb.

17031426526_44d344e007_c.jpg

17057408965_115d6c79e6_c.jpg

17055931422_e1f713ae53_c.jpg

16437243883_bd774b4737_c.jpg

16869620238_02c01704ca_c.jpg

I don't know about when you stayed in it, but I am in 11330 now and I think it is fabulous. I have never stayed in a regular GS (did see one on a tour), but have stayed in a JS, several OS and a Crown Loft Suite (and a two bedroom on NCL Epic) and no way is this cabin terrible. It sounds like they rushed to get it done and didn't have all the amenities ready when you were in it. There are pictures now, the tvs are mounted and I find the decor to be beautiful. I much prefer having two rooms over having one larger room. I think it has ample storage for up to four people (with two closets) and I couldn't be more pleased. However, I think it would be a stretch to make this a two bedroom, two bath because of how angular the room is.

We were the first to sail in it. We didn't care for it. Very stale decor and yes, the rushed to finish it before our sailing. We did eventually get the furniture and pics you are referring to. The bathroom was awful compared to regular GSs. The fact that I had to duck or sit to take a shower was a ton of fun. Also, the wall paper started falling down mid cruise. We are not a fan but to each their own. Oh yeah, the balcony furniture looks to be the same pool deck furniture that we had, which is not suite level. We have sailed in RFS, SL, OS and GS and 11330 on oasis class ships. Just wasn't our style.

We were the first to sail in it. We didn't care for it. Very stale decor and yes, the rushed to finish it before our sailing. We did eventually get the furniture and pics you are referring to. The bathroom was awful compared to regular GSs. The fact that I had to duck or sit to take a shower was a ton of fun. Also, the wall paper started falling down mid cruise. We are not a fan but to each their own. Oh yeah, the balcony furniture looks to be the same pool deck furniture that we had, which is not suite level. We have sailed in RFS, SL, OS and GS and 11330 on oasis class ships. Just wasn't our style.

I don't find anything about the decor stale at all, but I am sure it is a matter of personal preference. I definitely could see a tall person having an issue in the bathroom, but I am short, so no issues:D. All the wallpaper is intact and everything looks fresh, which is not always the case in some of these cabins. I just want to give a different perspective as I almost changed my cabin after reading the first few negative reviews and I am so glad that I didn't. The views more than make-up for the few shortfalls IMHO.

I don't find anything about the decor stale at all, but I am sure it is a matter of personal preference. I definitely could see a tall person having an issue in the bathroom, but I am short, so no issues:D. All the wallpaper is intact and everything looks fresh, which is not always the case in some of these cabins. I just want to give a different perspective as I almost changed my cabin after reading the first few negative reviews and I am so glad that I didn't. The views more than make-up for the few shortfalls IMHO.

I actually liked the decor as well. I am not a GS cruisers mostly regular balconies. The reason I wanted to try this location 11330 is after 9 sailings on OASIS I had used this public balcony area as a sail away spot. I miss it and want to just have one time to enjoy this location and the view and know it is my cabin this time :) :)

Emmy

Love the pictures, and thanks for your post.

Cannot wait till we experience this suite.

We have sailed in GS on Mariner and Freedom.

Also when we sailed the Allure we had a L1 and then a L2.

Cannot wait to try this .....the view looks like it will be great.

Thanks again!!!

Edited by Lionesss

I am in this suite 11330 for the April 30, 2016 sailing of Oasis. In February I was on Oasis and the couple in that cabin gave me a tour. I have no idea where they think they will put a second bedroom, another bathroom and keep the sitting area.

Here are some photos I took in Feb.

17031426526_44d344e007_c.jpg

17057408965_115d6c79e6_c.jpg

17055931422_e1f713ae53_c.jpg

16437243883_bd774b4737_c.jpg

16869620238_02c01704ca_c.jpg

Is there not a full size dining table on the balcony like other Grand Suites?

Is there not a full size dining table on the balcony like other Grand Suites?

I do not recall seeing one. You can see a small wicker type table in the one photo on the balcony. Like I said this was taken Feb 7/15

I do not recall seeing one. You can see a small wicker type table in the one photo on the balcony. Like I said this was taken Feb 7/15

Thank you. We have this in September and order most of our meals to eat in the balcony and would be disappointed if we didn't have a table. Can you report back after you sail. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you. We have this in September and order most of our meals to eat in the balcony and would be disappointed if we didn't have a table. Can you report back after you sail. It would be much appreciated.

you will have to report back to me :) I don't sail until April 2016 these were photos the cruisers in that cabin in Feb allowed me to take

We have this cabin booked in August and December and I cannot wait to try it. Especially since I tried to book 11330 on the Harmony TA and it was priced as an Aqua Suite at $7000 per person. I was able to book it since no one else did at that price and all were still available last time I looked. Cancelled it immediately when I saw the price.

We changed to a JS on that Harmony TA sailing in October 2016. I also tried to book it in early 2017 on the Harmony and it is classified for 4 people minimum, so you cannot even book it with 2 people. You have to call RCCL; it isn't available for booking online since there is a 4 person minimum.

So, for now, it is the Oasis or nothing. Can't wait to see what they do on the Allure after dry dock.

• 2 months later...

I believe that the information on the website for these aft GS is inaccurate. There is no way these will ever be 2 BR 2 BA cabins. They are what they are. A question I have is what are these suites going to look like on the Harmony ? According to the website, the biggest one will be on deck 14...very different from the size relationship on the Allure and Oasis where the ones on deck 14 are the smallest.

• Haha 1