suit in carryon?

Go on YouTube and search "how to roll a suit" or "how to pack a suit".

I rolled my suit on my last cruise and was amazed how well it came out. But bring downy wrinkle releaser just in case.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Our suitcases have thin fold out board on one side. Not sure if I'm describing it correctly but it's a common feature In suitcases I leave it in the dry cleaners bag and fold it into this section. Never a problem.

I was just on the 3 day Enachantment recently and we drove to PC. I had my suit and DW's formal night dress in a suit bag and I checked it in at the pier with my suitcase. When I fly I also put them in a suit bag and it is my carryon for the plane. After the cruise for the return trip we fold it up and put it in the suitcase. :cool:

Is there a way to pack a suit in carryon? Only a 3 day on Enchantment and I am thinking we can pack very light. I am just worried about my DH's formal night attire. Any suggestions? Thanks , deb.

I found a roller garment bag that fits in the overhead bin. It's quite small.

Not the ideal design, as I'd rather see it be more upright than on its side.

Edited by alfaeric

Some sound ideas already.

But, I had to jump in with one more idea. Leave it in the bedroom closet. It will not get wrinkled at all. Leaving on a 12 day cruise and not taking a suit.

I know, I know. that is not what was asked.

Some sound ideas already.

But, I had to jump in with one more idea. Leave it in the bedroom closet. It will not get wrinkled at all. Leaving on a 12 day cruise and not taking a suit.

I know, I know. that is not what was asked.

I second this ^^^^ suggestion!! I finished packing this afternoon. No suit.............

Turning it inside out then rolling it around a few shirts or pairs of socks works pretty well. There are some YouTube videos that demonstrate it was better than I can describe.

If you overlap your clothes then fold them all up together to make a big "clothes envelope" you can fit WAY more into your carry on opposed to folding first then trying to cram it all in.

whenever i did a short business trip, I rolled everything I needed (a brit colleague showed me how) and packed it into a small carry-on. I could do three days easily between that and a briefcase. If anything got wrinkled (rarely happened) I'd put it on a wooden hanger, hang it on the towel bar in the hotel bathroom, turn the shower on full hot, and 15-20 minutes later it was good to go.

Edited by orville99